Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1086 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys! New to the forum, figured I would introduce myself. I've had my disco for about five years now. It's a 04 discovery 2 se. I bought it in Atlanta just after a fresh rebuild at 98k miles. It was pretty clean at the time with all dealer services and paperwork to suit. Since then ive wanted to burn it to the ground on more than one occasion but i love it so I always come around. Stuff I've done to it since I got it:
In a attempt to fix ps leak I replaced the resivior, lines and pump. It was the steering gear box I found out afterwards>:|
Radiator
Coolant lines twice
The last time I used the thermo molded plastic ones from denza. Nice product
Full tune up (plug wires were a bitch!)
Aftermarket head unit with satellite and steering wheel controls
Oem safari rack
Butchered oem brush guard
Oem ladder and rear step
I'm sure there's more I just can't remember but I'm sure it will come to me.
Planning on motor swap but I won't disclose what motor cause I know how y'all are. Lol
I'll post a full write up when I'm done.
I might ask some odd ball questions but I'm gonna search as best I can before asking.
Anyways here's some pics and thanks fore reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys.. I'm Tanner and I'm a police officer in northeast Arkansas. We don't have many Rovers in this area but I've always been intrigued by them. While working, I usually see a couple throughout the day. My wife has been looking around for a new (used, but new to us) SUV and I've been researching the Rovers quite a bit. She has only owned cars and I've owned several trucks so this will be our first SUV.

I do have some concerns though. I'm looking for a 2010 to 2012 Range Rover sport. I've found a few which were priced around 22k with under 100k miles. I have been reading about some serious reliability issues. It makes me wonder...are these issues which were because it was a new vehicle and they needed to be worked out? Or are there issues throughout the life of the vehicle?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,
My name is Stephen and I currently live in Cold Lake, Alberta Canada. I have always liked SUV type vehicles and I've wanted one for a while. My grandfather recently rebuilt a 109 series Land Rover and I fell in love with it immediately. I want to buy a land rover now myself either already partially restored or one that i can restore myself. It doesn't have to be a 109 series but i would like it to be an older model. Been looking around but they seem to be quite elusive. I hope that you guys will be able to help me with my search.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys from Seal Beach CA

Hello,

My name is Juan 38 from Seal Beach Ca, working on my 2008 Range Rover, new to off-roading but love my RR, not the easy Land Rover to modify but they are great. Working on fitting some 33” on my Rover.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I am 16. I recently (2 years ago) bought a land rover G4 edition with 70k miles on it. It is from 2004. It is my child. I have put over 15000$'s into it trying to get it back to stock condition. I had to get a new roof rack, snorkel, fender, etc. I have an Instagram that holds all of my pictures of My land rover. Instagram: g4landroversc

I call it Archie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Ladies & Gents From Miami,Fla,I'm a English Car Lover since 18(Jags Xk 120s,140s,etc).Familiar with the Prince of darkness(Lucas).Been in Car Biz many years always wanted a RRC finally adopted 91,1 Owner Gas.Was Running ok bad DISTRIBUTOR vacuum so I bought a new After Mkt Dist 2 Pin and Now, No Spark.So I will read the posts and will see what happens.It's an honor being here Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings from Long Beach CA

Hello Fellow Rovers! New to Land Rovers! got the 2006 LR3 HSE! Working out the kinks at the moment. I was blessed to have found a local Indie LR Shop that wasted no time to point out common issues

1st week
1. Sunroof Drain Repair
2. PVC Replacement
3. Coolant Breather plastic to brass coupler
4. Front Diff / Rear Diff Fluid service (LR iNDIe Shop)
5. Fuel Cap Replacement (CEL P0441) I'm fixing the obvious. No more CEL Xfingers

Upgrades
1. LED interior lighting
2. Terra Firma TF818 Rock Sliders (Just can't resist underbody protection and it was available from the local Indie Shop

Future Plans
1. Tranny Service with Metal Pan Conversion
2. Front Windshield Cowling Replacement.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys I am back as LR3Rhino1 since I could not get back in as SafariDave

Had so many issues with the system to get my password. So using a new name.
SafariDave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Gruppe,

We just purchased our first Land Rover, and couldn’t be happier. It’s a 2008 LR3 HSE (LUX) Zermatt Silver with Black leather interior. Our automotive history is almost exclusively BMW, both street and track. I look forward to learning more about these wonderful vehicles!

Thanks for having us!

Bill

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Hello fellow rovers!!!

i'm 20 years old from jacksonville, fl. and i am a mechanical engineering student at the university of north florida.

i still prowl these forums even though my 2001 Disco SE7 was brutally murdered in an accident. 2001-sept.1 2006 (r.i.p.). After the insurance gave me my money...i ended up buying a subaru wrx wagon it's still all wheel drive...but it is definitely not my land rover. I love land rovers, and as soon as i'm done driving 400 + miles a week to college and around town, i'll be in another. But you can find me on here trying my best to help out with what i know, and what i have learned from my baby.

This is a great introduction and I'm sorry to have to say this but I had a horrible time at UNF. I went there for a 2 semesters. Stayed in the circular dorms next to the basketball courts. The place does not lend itself to being a social school - because of how the campus is designed. It has a nice woodsy feel. It very clean. But the social aspect really sucks. It keeps people away from each other. My experience there was really bad. I didn't even get laid there.

I got into disagreements with professors. In my mind college was supposed to be an intellectual learning experience. I did not understand I was going to college to agree with everything the professor said. The first semester I had to threaten a women computer professor with "blackmail" (though I would call it leverage since it's not blackmail and does not met the legal definition of the word so I don't know what you would call it) just to give me the grade I rightfully earned. She failed me because I told her "honestly none of this is applicable to the real world it's not teaching me skills I can directly use to make money I'm just here taking your tests to go through the motions and get a degree". The women got angry and egotistical. I got my failing grade posted on the door and went to her office later to "discuss" ( I already knew the reason she was failing me). I recorded our conversation and got her on tape failing me for being "insulting" to her and "disrespecting her career" with my remarks. She basically admitted she failed me because she didn't like me. Then she told me if I wanted a degree I should take her failing grade as a "learning experience".

I produced the recording to her later. I told her I had thought an apology was in order. Instead I showed up, closed the door, played the tape, and threatened to spam her colleagues and the class email list. Her smirk quickly changed and she refused to answer me only telling me what I was doing was "disgusting" "wrong" "unethical" and "illegal" because I did not have her consent to record the conversation. She said I would be hearing from her and demanded I leave. After a few days - she quietly changed the grade to pass. She folded like her cheap suit. That was a "victory" for me because it taught me that in life when someone wrongs you like this just because they can... you play chess stick and up for yourself. I did nothing wrong to this lady at all. I just wanted the grade I earned. Nothing more nothing less. Cannot believe I had to resort to that just to get the passing greade I rightfully earned from an egotistical professor.

The other professor was a business law professor who personally disliked me because I did not goose step in line with everything he said like some mindless fool. So he failed me by giving me - a 69.5%. It's outrageous. He harshly graded me then said he did not have to round up (70% was passing) and the admin office sided with with him on appeal. I got massive parking tickets, when I didn't have the money to pay I tried to "hide" the car on the top of a rarely used parking garage. Eventually they found it, booted it, and some frat boys made a party around it and stuck a fire extinguisher up the muffler. When I eventually got it back - it actually ran. They shot the whole fire extingusher up the muffler and it did not destroy the engine.

I met some hot French girls who were foreign exchange students but the fat one blocked me from the other ones and the others sided with their friend. She was short fat loud mouthed with a visible camel toe. Blocked me at every turn trying to get at her friends. Insisting I sleep with her when I had zero interest in doing so. Literally had to kick this fat French tree stump out of the kitchen for handing me condoms. Ugh. So many more things happened to me at UNF. All bad. Not one good experience. The only good experience I had was when that fat French girl left her hot friend was there who just broke up with her BF, she was very conservative not like the other French girls who had left she was a "good" girl I wanted but she had a BF in France she was loyal to. I run into her 1 day before she is leaving her dorm kissed on my couch but she refuses to go any further instead she insists for me to go on a road trip with her the next day - super spontaneous - just me and her - which means I would have been leaving UNF shagging this hot French girl on a cross country road trip... But I was young, poor and broke. Parking tickets took my money. Begged parents for money and they laughed. Now they ain't got no Grandkids. I would've married that girl in a second. Thanks Mom and Dad.

So many other terrible things happened to me at UNF. I could go on and on. I could write a book. It was horrible. The roommate I got was a dredlocked drug addict loser. He moves out then rents the room for dope money to some guy off the street hitchhiked from Miami who I found out was not even a student there! This is what happens when you get the government involved in things. They give anyone with a pulse a student loan in the name of "equality" and you get all these unqualified dregs and other people that have no business going to university at all. Worthless degrees etc.

That school was a terrible experience for me. The best I got was something good - the French girl - yanked away because I did not have the cash for the road trip so she went alone. On top of that the course work at UNF was difficult to the point where nothing was applicable to the real world. They marketed themselves as offering a logistics degree. But their logistics professors had no real world experience. The microeconomics professor failed me and I was force to kiss his a__ to pass with a B which I EARNED. Yet another professor failing me unjustly. But after I kissed his fat butt he passed me. Fat bald guy talked about football all the time and shut the door after 10:00am to teach late students it was "not acceptable to be late" for his class. So the class would start at 10:00am - but he would shut the door at 10:00am.

His real reason for locking the door at 10am - his ego - he wanted everyone waiting for him outside ... begging like dogs to let them in to his classroom.. like he was someone big and important. What I am saying is he got off on this... and did this every morning .. Arriving to a crowd of mostly young students waiting for him like he was some kind of celebrity, then letting everyone in .. and immediately locking the door after letting everyone in. And I'm PAYING for this. Paying to wait for him everyday, kiss his butt and learn useless worthless information. The man did not have one iota of hands on experience in the real world - not one - he was an ivory towered tenured professor with a huge ego who thought he was a god. His stupid quantative mathmatical microeconomics formulas and charts had no relevance to the real world whatsover. Just a huge headache to memorize garbage that he made up to call himself a genious. WTH was his name. He was a Fat Bald Sissy. Walked with one arm swinging fast other slow. I can't remember. This is economics and he is making everyone do Tic Tac Calc and Trig charts. It was nuts.

When I left my credits didn't even transfer. God what a lonely sapping waste of time and effort that place was for me. Sorry for the rant but man .. I resented that place with a passion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone!
My name Is John Oleary. Everyone knows me as the infamous JohnnyO the pirate. I just acquired a 1996 Disco 4.0. Basically rally car price. We are going to do Monterey Car Weak Lemons Rally 2018. Hell on Wheels. August 21st-25th. In California. Monterey- San Pedro-Yuma-Desert City-Santa Cruz-Monterey. What could possibly go wrong? We are gambling 500, Lemons Rally style!!!!! So far The Disco passed smog in california. So we are prepping for a truly Land Rover adventure. Thanks to all that have contributed to this site. Much to learn and sort out. We are sending it with a smile for sure. You can follow my adventure via face book or instagram if interested. You can find me if you look in the right places. Or you can PM me. Ramble on my future friends. The journey is the adventure.
Johnny O/ The Pirate!

·
Registered
5 Posts
New Disco 2 owner in the club

Hello everyone,

my name is Tsvetomir, and I am from Bulgaria ( Eastern Europe ). We have 2000 year LR Discovery II Td5 from about a year. For last couple of months it is in the repair shop because of head replacement. So still couldn't have the chance to have fun with it, but this is about to come. It was our family dream car from very very long time.

So far I have found very useful information here.

It is so nice to have "practice" and professionalism at one place.

Nice to meet you all and have a nice drive all :drive:.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Royston here,
Looks like a great forum, I may need some info ? Ive had a Disco 1 3.9 v8, just had to let my Disco 2 TD5 go due to rusty chassis. Now replaced it with a Disco 3, 2.7 v6. All goin good. Up to yet Ive fitted full length roofrails +Rhino rack bars ×4 ., 30mm wheelspacers, rear ladder, windows at the back blacked out and a re-map. I im on 17inch wheels. I intend to lift her up with rods and fit 265 /75 /17s General Grabbers AT2s. Any tips or advice appreciated and Ill input whatever I can. Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Land Rover Lovers

My Name is Tugrul from Ankara, Turkey.
Bought my Discovery2 in April 2018. Its not much, but trying to fix the minor issues myself.
I am an Industrial Designer. Love the shape of the D2 from the beggining and have the poster in my wall when living single. It is a dream came true.:nerd:smile

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
My Name is Tugrul from Ankara, Turkey.
Bought my Discovery2 in April 2018. Its not much, but trying to fix the minor issues myself.
I am an Industrial Designer. Love the shape of the D2 from the beggining and have the poster in my wall when living single. It is a dream came true.:nerd:smile
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
First time as a Land Rover owner, a 2008 LR2. Previous vehicles were always new Toyotas, my last one I had for 21 years until I hit black ice.
I really got a good vibe from this 2008 LR2 so I went for it. So far so good and I am quite happy with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
Just registered to the site but not new with Landies... I had a 110 (V8+R380), a 90 (300Tdi) and a Disco1 (300Tdi). All money pits but still love them and still own my 1998 Discovery 1 with 300TGV :).

Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. My name is Jay and I just purchased a 2006 RR Sport. I bought it for my daughter and because I've always wanted one. I've read that it's not the most reliable vehicle for an 18 year old daughter, but I think I'm mechanically inclined enough to fix what tears up. I also own a 1991 Toyota supra and they are far from reliable but mine has just about everything on it, under it and in it replaced after 10 years of working on it. Roll Tide...…...lol

1061 - 1080 of 1086 Posts