Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an inverter in my disco and I am trying to find a decent place to mount it. Anyone have mounted in theres?

If so where are you pulling the power from? I was told to go from the batter which would make it a long run plus have to go through firewall somewhere.

Where in firewall if anyone has done that do you go through at?

Also what guage wire did you use?

The inverter I am installing is only 700w

Thanks

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
disco96 said:
I have an inverter in my disco and I am trying to find a decent place to mount it. Anyone have mounted in theres?

If so where are you pulling the power from? I was told to go from the batter which would make it a long run plus have to go through firewall somewhere.

Where in firewall if anyone has done that do you go through at?

Also what guage wire did you use?

The inverter I am installing is only 700w

Thanks
on the firewall there are a whole bunch of holes. Remember, the Disco comes from the UK (RHD) and they do not have different firewalls for RHD vehicles. They just have holes on both sides.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I dont think there is a need...you can always get a more powerful inverter that supports multiple outlets....

...ive been looking at getting about that; around 800 watts....with two outlets. I plan to install it in that rear tiny panel that gives you access to the gromet that leads to the rear hatch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
DiscoTex said:
Anyone running more than one inverter?
Yes

700 watt between center console and passenger seat for laptop and cell phone charging

1000 watt in rear cargo area where jump seat is stowed in SE7 for Mr. Coffee

Both connected to alternate yellow top

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a 1200w unit under the front seat. My CD system is not a stacker unit that normally fits there so I can run 99% of our on-site power tools from it like drills, grinders, chargers, sanders etc but it wont run my skill saw as its a 1300w motor, turns the blade once only lol but they are a neat tool that I could not do without in my job :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.