Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow Roverers,
Long-time, no post. But here it is...

My iOBD2 bluetooth scanner has stopped pairing to my iOS device and I cannot figure this out.
Yes, I've tried forgetting the device and re-pairing, etc.; no results.

If anyone has any insights, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks. 1595190485637.png
#roverexhaustkillsthevirus

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
105 Posts
Did your phone recently get updated? Sometimes new versions of iOS like to screw with Bluetooth stuff. Not sure what the solution would be if that is the problem.
Other than something like that, try forgetting the scanner, turning off Bluetooth, unplugging the OBD reader, then restarting your phone. Then, once your phone boots back up, turn BT back on, plug in the iOBD2, then try pairing again. This effectively fully resets both devices, and has worked for me in the past.
Make sure the reader is in pairing mode as well, there is probably a button on the reader to enable connectivity (at least there is on my cheap Chinese reader). If there is no button, it is probably in pairing mode all the time.
Also, while uncommon, sometimes things like changing the name of your phone (i.e. from "iPhone" to "_'s iPhone" can also change the name displayed when you turn on Bluetooth, confusing the device. There is a unique BT protocol number associated with your phone, so that most likely isn't the problem, but some really cheap (and older) stuff sometimes gets confused when that happens.
If none of that works, then find an older phone (preferably running a different, older version of iOS) you have laying around in a drawer somewhere (or borrow a family member/friend's phone) and try it with that to see if it is your phone or the scanner that is at fault. If it doesn't work with the other phone, then maybe your scanner has given up the ghost. If it works with the other phone, then there is something going on with your phone.

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
105 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlueDriver is working well for me so far.
It auto changes to each vehicle, when I plug it in to various cars.

PS. Clocked at 189 degrees driving around today in AZ.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just a FYI for iOS folks.

Amazon seems to have these via their Lightning Deals for under $13 occasionally (and now). I purchased one for use with my iPad a couple of weeks ago and verified they do work with Android phones too. Haven't tried yet with PC yet.

OBD2 Scanner & WiFi Car Code Reader.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C3HAHCS/ref=gbps_tit_s-5_884a_924489ca?pf_rd_p=5ab3fe28-c461-42eb-a0ee-746265f9884a&pf_rd_s=slot-5&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=55GFXZAB48T57R0DZ3GZ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts