Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was told that if I wanted to install 32''x10.5'' tires or anything larger that I would need to trim the fenders, if I didnt want the tires to rub against the fenders or get stuck when the wheels tuck in. Please tell me this is not true. I dont want to try to trim my fenders and end up messing up my truck and I dont know of anyplace around the San Francisco Bay Area that would do it or atleast trust to do it. The thing is I just had a 3'' lift and want to put larger tires now, but I was recomended not to go higher than 31'' tires. If it is needed for larger tires please let me know.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ricky,

You don't have to trim if you are going to use the stock rim but you will have to adjust the rear fender a little. If you look under the fender right behind the rear tires you will see a small screw. Remove it and the little bracket and carfully pull the fender well out about an inch then bend the bracket in to a "Z" and put it back. This will work with 265's and 235's on stock rims. You will also have to adjust the front steering stops to keep the tires from rubbing on the radius arms at full lock. Hope this helps. We have done this to my 98DI and my buddies 95 & 96DI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.