Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just got my new LR (2001, Disco II TD5 ES), but can't get the CD multi-changer under the drivers seat to do anything. Going to sound like a bit of a cave-man here with regards to technology, but I can't seem to get it to power up, take CDs, or do anything.

There's a hatch under the drivers seat, forward facing and about 5" x 3". This hinges down, and in the space inside, about 3" in, is a small black box, which looks very much like a CD-changer should look. But, the only visible featues are a plastic door that slides left and right to cover the front of the unit, a small lnak plastic screen or transpacrent section, a little green square button that doesn't seem to do anything. That's it, button doesn't do anything, can find any way of opening it, or removing any CD-holding magazine or anything, and hole in the base of the drivers seat is almost to small to fit my hand in anyway. Also, pressing the "CD" button on the left hand side of the stereo head unit does nothing.

So what am I missing? How do I load it / use it? Is it broken?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
178 Posts
the little green button is the eject button, i would take the covers around the seat off, (just a few screws) and make sure all the wires are plugged in and the changer is getting power. Is the magazine already loaded in the changer?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.