Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a '96 D1 built Nov 28, 1995. I can't find an compliance sticker in the engine compartment and the dealer says it is an OBD I vehicle. I have learned to distrust what I'm told by the dealer, so can anyone tell me how to be sure this isn't an OBD II vehicle?

If you look at the pins in the under-dash 16 pin connector, there seems to be "silver" connectors in positions 1,2,3,4,9,10,12 and 13.

Any help out there?

I'm interested in the "Dashcommand" app for the ipad, but it seems to require the OBD II system.

Thanks,

Pavel

·
Registered
518 Posts
All pre-1996 3.9L NAS trucks were OBD1 and you had to turn the key and watch for flashes from the FI fault computer under the offside seat. The number of flashes told you what the fault was. 96 and up with the 4.0L are all OBD2, will have the Diagnostic port under the dash and codes are read with a reader. You have OBD 2:)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sahartj98,

Yes, I thought our '96 is OBD2 since we use a "Carchip" device which records fault codes correctly.... but the service manger at the dealer said......

There is a complication that I didn't mention.... we are in the "True North, Strong and Free" (aka Canada). Sometimes that means a part, vehicle model, system, can be different from the USA.
I'll get the Dashcommand app and use it elsewhere should it refuse to work on our Disco - will report back.

Cheers,

Pavel

·
Registered
518 Posts
There are 3 Discoveries...NAS,home and ROW...All of North America has the same version "North American Spec"...The only differences are you got a R380 for another year or two later than we did, little market differences, but the main vehicle is the same. I do know what you are talking about though with other vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts