Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just in case this happens to someone else.... Last year our 97D1 decided (in the middle of winter) that it would no longer engage the Diff Lock. The linkage was free and t-case actuator was moving through its full range of motion. I removed the linkage and moved the actuator with the 13mm nut on top of the t-case to verify function. Regardless, the t-case would not lock in… Luckily we have a few other winter capable vehicles that got us through…. I finally got around to tearing into the t-case and I figured that I would help others out by giving them something to try prior to dissecting the t-case. It turned out that the Diff Lock switch had failed (plunger stuck in down position) and was preventing the carrier from shuttling forward….! So, if you have a Land Rover with free linkage, but the Diff Lock isn’t engaging. Before going internal, back out the Diff Lock switch which is located about 3 inches to the rear of the actuator lever and see if it engages. :drive:

Edited to add additional information that I posted on another site.

The switch is located where I circled on the T-case picture below and is for the Diff Lock Light. This is not to be confused with the Solenoid which can fail preventing the "stick" from moving fore and aft (Low and High)...

Attachments

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Good to know :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.