Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im going to shorthand this, so here's the symptoms in my 95LWB that i have to drive 200 miles tomorrow

*Shudders under hard turning at low speeds and idle, sometimes, not always
*intermittent ABS/Tractions light on/pump working, but braking not effected
*Groaning noise intermittently from right front when starting from either a slow down or stop, but I think I heard it while going up a hill (you know how it is when you hear one noise)

The ABS and Groaning happened at the same time and are probably related, the shuddering could have been an early sign. Im leaning towards VC or CV failure on that side, also possibly just ABS problems causing the issues.

If you guys have any input, I need it, I have to drive it tomorrow and want to know if it is safe.

I had a 90 and had to give it up, I am not giving up on this one

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
I'd look at the VC. The abs issues I'm no help on.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
When they go bad generally the lock up which will cause binding that you feel especially when turning at low speeds. They are expensive, the only real option is a known good used one or swapping to a LT230 transfer case.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
In addition to the VC have you looked at the brakes? How old is the fluid? Old brake lines, seized calipers etc can all cause these issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, so it was the ABS pump, right as I got home ABS stopped working and braking got really jankey. The pump would work for a short time if I hit it, but would click and die. I managed to snag a used one from ebay for $130 so I hope that takes care of it. I was just looking and saw the $130 price tag vs $500 new and immediately bought it, so even if it turns out to be something else (it wont) I should have a working pump. After I install it, I plan on getting the brake lines flushed to make sure, as well as inspecting the calipers.

(ps. this site actually helped me the other site everyone just ignored my post, so ty)

I cant remember if its allowed, but this guy http://www.ebay.com/sch/south-mouth/m.html?_ipg=&_momoc=1&_sacat=6000&_rdc=1 is selling some parts cheap(pair oem in tank fuel pumps), so I guess check it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.