Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
I bought steel from the military surplus store, great shape don't leak at all and were only $15.00 each. I just like the steel ones.............. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Go with steel...... The plastic are great if stored out of sunlight, not thrown around on the trail.etc....etc..... The metal one are cheap at a surplus shop and hold together great...I have never had problems with the metal ones....I have had holes in the plastic ones.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
We have to have ones with special nozzles that are supposed to be more environmentally friendly. The problem is these "special" cans tend to leak more than regular cans. :confused

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DallasRover said:
I bought steel from the military surplus store, great shape don't leak at all and were only $15.00 each. I just like the steel ones.............. :dunno:
thanks guys, Ill grab some them. Ive only looked as far as EE and some other places that want $50+/can. Ive got a local military surplus store that probably carries them, hopefully for that cheap.

Yeah, that sucks for you CA guys. Must get "DOT Approved" nozzles and what not. Glad I live in NV, its the last state to have laws like that :D

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
roverX said:
We have to have ones with special nozzles that are supposed to be more environmentally friendly. The problem is these "special" cans tend to leak more than regular cans. :confused

Talk about irony!!!!!!! Go figure

·
Registered
734 Posts
keptin said:
thanks guys, Ill grab some them. Ive only looked as far as EE and some other places that want $50+/can. Ive got a local military surplus store that probably carries them, hopefully for that cheap.

Yeah, that sucks for you CA guys. Must get "DOT Approved" nozzles and what not. Glad I live in NV, its the last state to have laws like that :D
See what you can get them for, if they want more than it would cost to ship some of the $15 dollar ones, I can get some for you and ship them. I will take a pic of one for you.

·
Registered
734 Posts
They look like this, about $18 including tax, not sure what shipping would be, but it cannot be much. If anyone needs some, and cannot find them, send me a message and I can check if they have some.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rmuller said:
Why oh why are you out of stock cheaperthendirt.com!!?? That looks perfect, though I would definatly paint it red, get a can of rustolium semi-gloss, couple coats...good to go.

thank you so much rmuller, you da man! :cool:

thanks for offer dallas rover, ill probably wait till they come in stock and buy 3? Hmm....how many should I buy??

·
2,986 Posts
Look around on their site, they had some other cans too for I think cheaper. I would also contact the company and see when they are getting stock back in.. they had them forever, but then about 3 weeks ago I went to order some, and of course they were out of stock.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No joke. You can't use the traditionally designed metal jerry cans in Cali and certain states like Delaware, New York and others unless they are CARB compliant. I got mine (made by Wedco which are the same as that sold by EE)from the ace hardware outlet site for about $39 each plus shipping. The spout mechanism doesn't allow spillage even if the container is accidentally tipped over but the cap is a regular screw on with a rubber gasket inside. Aside from that only the blue ones (with the traditional flip up cover) designated for water can be legally sold and/or shipped to Cali.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.