Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I am the aftersales manager for a Landrover dealership based in North Cyprus, we are currently in need of a fully qualified Landrover technician to come and work for us.
The job would ideally suit a younger person (e.g. newly qualified technician, as the wages will be crap by comparison to uk/european standards) Although the standard of living is very cheap over here and the wages are 'above average' for Northern Cyprus.
I'm only testing the water at the moment just to see if anyone would be interested, I will consider anyone from any country (ability to speak Turkish would be an advantage)
If anyone is interested in working and living in Northern Cyprus please drop me a line at
[email protected]
Like I say, i'm just testing the water at the moment to see if I get any responses.
Thanks
Steve James

·
Registered
110 Posts
Steve

I hope your dealership offers better aftersales service than just about every other Landrover dealership in the world.

Landrovers do not sell all that well in Australia - the D3 is becoming a bit of a disaster with sales barely beating the previous model when it was in run out mode - Freelanders don't sell at all. Range Rovers and Defenders do OK though - given their niche market places.

The main reasons for poor sales are the high price of vehicles and the dealer (stealer) reputation for poor service and support.

I hope you support your local buyers better than my local dealers.

Garry

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Garry
Thanks for those words of wisdom, we try and support our local buyers as best we can, sometimes however things do not run smoothly (supply of warranty parts etc) but on the whole I would think we are more of a "dealer" than a "stealer" If you have problems with your local dealership then I suggest you take the problem up direct with them, if not, try venting your anger towards Landrover directly in the Uk, all of the relevent contact information can be found at your local Landrover Stealer (i mean dealer) .
Hope this helps
Regards
Steve

·
Registered
110 Posts
Steve,

Its good to see you are one of the few committed dealers - keep up with the right attitude.

Most of the local dealers in Australia are just not interested so there is no point taking things up with them and Landrover Australia are even worse - you cannot get past the call centre.

Some people have taken to by-passing Landrover all together and are contacting Ford USA and highlighting that unless they do something about the customer service at all levels within the Landrover Group then Ford will have made a bad investment. In Australia the number of dealers is shrinking to only the major population centres with the result some people will have to drive up to 1,000km to get their cars serviced and if the car breaks down and needs computer diagnostics the car will have to be towed up to 1,000km.

Hence Landrovers don't sell in Australia - but if you own a Toyota Landcruiser there will be a dealer or authorised service centre nearby.

·
Registered
1 Posts
job

Hi everyone
I am the aftersales manager for a Landrover dealership based in North Cyprus, we are currently in need of a fully qualified Landrover technician to come and work for us.
The job would ideally suit a younger person (e.g. newly qualified technician, as the wages will be crap by comparison to uk/european standards) Although the standard of living is very cheap over here and the wages are 'above average' for Northern Cyprus.
I'm only testing the water at the moment just to see if anyone would be interested, I will consider anyone from any country (ability to speak Turkish would be an advantage)
If anyone is interested in working and living in Northern Cyprus please drop me a line at
[email protected]
Like I say, i'm just testing the water at the moment to see if I get any responses.
Thanks
Steve James
hi steve, i,m quite interested in your job. an your e

-mail will not work. could you mail me back at [email protected] pls with more info. look forward to heaing from you. danny

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
That is because the thread is 8 years old

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Hope you can cash in that plane ticket!! :)

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
just sayin

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.