Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience here with these products? I like the look and performance they offer for the price. Do we know if one is better than the other? Looks like JR is fixed 2.5 lift and the TC is adjustable. Any insight would be great.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Comes down to if you want adjustable or fixed at 2.5; which one is right for you? Personally I prefer lifting with the IID tool because it's easier and adjustable and it's a good idea to have one anyway.

·
Registered
210 Posts
IIDTool for Land Rover - GAP Diagnostic

It is the absolute best investment you can make owning an LR3. It's a tool that plugs into the OBD plug under your dash and allows you to make many adjustments to your vehicle, read and clear fault codes, identify problems, adjust air suspension, etc.

For example; when I added my larger tires I wanted to run slightly higher so I plugged the tool in, and in about 20 seconds I adjusted my ride height to gain 1.5".

·
Registered
210 Posts
Def. one of the best if not the best option in terms of an electronic diagnostic tool. In terms of bang for your buck, for 450-500 bucks it's probably the best. In terms of a lift only, technically if you wanted absolute maximum lift you would probably want to use combination of rods and the IID tool, but for most uses, one or the other is fine. You can do 2.5" of lift with the IID tool form what I know, possibly more if others know more ways to play with it. I am running 265/65/18 Toyo Open Country AT2. I wanted the 31.5" b/c there aren't rubbing issues and if the EAS fails and vehicle falls to bumpstops, it can still move with the 265/65's. Any bigger and you could be imobilized or close to it. I realize this is extremely rare but you never know. For me, the .5" of extra tire size isn't necessary.

Justin @ Lucky8 can get them very quickly and for good price, give him a call.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The best lift for your money is with the Johnson Rods. Now upgraded to be 50% thicker and with wider grommets. http://johnonrods.com
Used worldwide for the last four years. Very easy to install and no worries about adjusting problems. Just set em and forget em. More lifted rigs are using Johnson Rods than any other because they are simply good and cost effective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.