Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Let's do it!!

Yuh - let's!!!

So the easiest way down is Rte 7 or whatever route you take to I81. About 125miles down rte 81 to I64 then 30miles alonf to Clifton Forge.

I am planning on a 3.5- 4hr trip so I want to leave my house in Leesburg at 4 or so in the afternoon rather than early am Friday - becasue I want to do the trail scout ride on Friday.

I have emailed the other blokes on the email Bob Steele sent out and two guys emailed back - one of them may leave Frid am though. One of them is up near you - Collin from Rockville :D teehee~! So what time will you get away??? I can wait a while in Leesburg, you can come down rte 15 from up there.

Is Hank going down on Thurs night??????:drink1:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I M Leaving Whenever I Want On Thursday I M Going To Take It Off. So I Have To Set A Tent Up When I Get There So I Dont Want It To Be Too Dark!!! Lemme Know,

·
Banned
914 Posts
Instead of hitting I-64, you may look into taking Rt.42, starting in Bridgewater, VA, I-81 exit 245 (I think).

It's an extra 20 minute ride....But, you will miss that HUGE hill on I-64 that takes all your gas, and overheats your truck....The hill is about 4-6 miles longs or so....

Rt.42 is defiantly a scenic ride. But, you will get to see parts of VA you would other wise never see. You pass through some pretty cool little towns in the middle of no where. Rt. 42 will dump you out on I-64, one exit away from the Park.

Anyway, FWIW

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still havnet recieved my "package" for the trip yet but i punched the park in on my navigation and says its four hours away....... OUCH to say the least, hope the classic isnt feeling to lazy that day, with that HILL Hank writes about!!!! :drive:

·
Banned
914 Posts
LRR219 said:
last min as to if you go or not, or if you go thursday? :)
If "I" go or not. Either way, my truck will be there, at least for an hour. A guy from Tresured Motor Car will be re-mapping the ECU....But, I'm "on call" for my job that weekend. So, it depends on what is going on with my work schedule.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Looks like it is just you and me Collin - I can't leave Thurs until around 430 or so...and will probably take Hanks suggestion just for fun. Let me know if that timing will work for you...ps the nav is probably saying 1hr to this (Leesburg) side - cause mine said 3 hrs 10mins from Leesburg at speed limits.

:rellye

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jonesy said:
Looks like it is just you and me Collin - I can't leave Thurs until around 430 or so...and will probably take Hanks suggestion just for fun. Let me know if that timing will work for you...ps the nav is probably saying 1hr to this (Leesburg) side - cause mine said 3 hrs 10mins from Leesburg at speed limits.

:rellye
GIVE ME SOMEWHERE TO MEET YA AND I LL BE THERE AT THE TIME YOU REQUEST!! NO PROB I GUESS IF I GET DOWN THERE NEAR SEVEN THATS FINE! CHECK YA LATER

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
o-tay guys, looks like i m going to hit the road at or near two'ish if you are going to be in the area i will be more than happy to meet with you of if you are on my way i m more than happy to caravan down with ya!!! cya and happy travels. kiss the rangie good luck!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Collin - that is to early for me...I can't get it together until 4pm. I am leaving work at 330pm and just have to pack the truck.

IDEA: I know you have a Cobra, lets monitor Channel 19, I will call in sometime and see if we are in range :D of each other. I will use Jonesy as my handle.

ROAV on!!!!!!:buttrock:

·
Registered
674 Posts
They are coming - I took about 100!!! There were some sweet rides out on the trail...i did the scenic scout ride, the evening trail ride and the intermediate trail ride! The aggressive one was too much for me (at the moment) - noteably the intermediate trail ride was the one where all the "difficulties" occured with diff's, starter motors and power steering woes!!! Had a great time....picks to come!!

·
Banned
914 Posts
I was there Friday night for about 4-5 hours up at the main lodge on the hill. I left about 11:00PM. I was the one racing around the camp area at 10:50 or so trying to find cabin 23....I must have circled that place 6 times....

Wheres the pics?

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Moving

Hey guys, it looks like I may be moving back East: VA or PA
I should know more by the middle of next week. I'll miss the hell out of CO but will be happy to be back in the land of green. Should I move, I'll be hitting you up to show me the trails out there ! :wave:

·
Registered
674 Posts
SCSL - I did the same thing in 1999....moved from Broomfield to Leesburg - actually love it out here, the water is the BIG pull - miss the skiing though....let us know where, also if I can be of any help if it is Nthn VA area let me know...we have a VERY good friend that is a realtor that can hook ya up!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.