I have done a lot of research and have been eyeing and LR3 for a while before finally taking a plunge. I got a 2008 HSE with 114k miles sight unseen. The photos looked good, two owners and showing some maintenance history. Here’s everything I found wrong with it so far:
- Transmission only going into reverse (* fixed, using the shifter linkage bush kit from Lucky8)
- Rear brake line burst when it was getting unloaded from the trailer, rear brake lines rusted. If you’re in the northeast, check yours!
- Coolant low
- Drive shaft center bearing rubber started to crack, discovered after removing exhaust and heat shields. I may let it go for a bit, still debating.
- LH front tie rod is loose
- suspension is slow to rise. It has AMK compressor, doesn’t sound bad when it is on and suspension stays up after pulling a fuse, even after a few days. I ordered valve block and compressor rebuild kits.
- front LH roof drain is leaking.
- transfer case appears to be leaking, most likely from the front shaft seal.