Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Installed a new air reservoir, suspension light is gone. EAS seems to be working as it should. AMK compressor must have taken a beating running on hitachi firmware without an air tank for who knows how many years, but if it ain’t broke…

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
very easy, there are are 4 bolts (2 in the front and 2 in the back). Once the bolts are out just wiggle out the back of the tank first and lower slightly to disconnect the air line. Removal and installation can be accomplished in 30 mins. I left the suspension raised to off-road setting and emptied the tank via GAP tool (in my case it was already empty)

How hard was it to remove the tank?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Completed rear AC delete yesterday, come to find out there is a major refrigerant leak from the compressor area. Need to confirm exact location with UV dye, replacing AC compressor does not seem like an easy task.

·
very disco
2,787 Posts
Oh sad. The rear AC in my D2 and D3 are clutch when you’ve got five people onboard

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Moved to a new house, LR project was put on hold for a bit. Finally got it on the road, feels so satisfying to drive it after spending so much time working on it.

Still have a few loose ends.
Tried charging the AC system, it leaks right out, seems to be around the compressor area. Once I have a bit more time will go through all the receipts to tally up the repair costs and take some more photos.
Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Wheel

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Decided to tear down terrain selector to see if transfer case switch can be fixed (it doesn’t go into low gear). Not sure if previous owner liked to drink but they liked to spill lots of cola.

Attachments

·
very disco
2,787 Posts
I replaced mine on my RRS. It was full of coffee lol, and it was already replaced (had yard writing on it).

Terrible location

41 - 53 of 53 Posts