Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to remove the jump seats on a Disco II? I went back there thinking it would be obvious but couldn't quite figure out a way to remove 'em without damaging the mounting. Suggestions?

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

Bump. Anyone? C'mon guys, this is probably the easiest question ever asked on LRO. I'm just too dumb to figure it out & don't want to damage 'em 'cause I figure I can sell 'em. (They are nice seats)

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paulc said:
It’s pretty easy, flip down the seat & remove the plastic cover/cup holder trim & you’ll have access to the bolts.
That's odd. I did such, and looked at the mounting, and didn't see any bolts at all? Can you post a pic ? It looked like a solid U-shaped mounting that could be detached only at the bracket on the seat-side. There was what appeared to be a screw on one side with a hex head. I tried unscrewing this but it was on so tight I thought I would bend the allen wrench,,,or it's integral to the rod that attaches to the mounting on bottom of seat. (I'm referring to the rod that allows the seat to rotate, detach from the vertical position, and attach horizontally in the recieving bracket on floor).

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SCSL said:
That's odd. I did such, and looked at the mounting, and didn't see any bolts at all? Can you post a pic ? It looked like a solid U-shaped mounting that could be detached only at the bracket on the seat-side. There was what appeared to be a screw on one side with a hex head. I tried unscrewing this but it was on so tight I thought I would bend the allen wrench,,,or it's integral to the rod that attaches to the mounting on bottom of seat. (I'm referring to the rod that allows the seat to rotate, detach from the vertical position, and attach horizontally in the recieving bracket on floor).
Oh yeah,,,'01 DII. Not sure if that matters. I know the DIs had a different type of jump seat, more like the Defenders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmmm, well I speaking from the experience of removing jump seats from a 04 Disco, about a 6 months ago, and it was very easy. The tricky part was figuring out access to the bolt/hex heads (I don’t remember exactly) & that access came by removing that bit of plastic at the back of the seat after it was flipped down. The plastic was just held on by pressure clips – pulled strait up & off they popped. I really can’t help you out any more than that, I’m not near a Disco2 today.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paul, I will spare you the details of mental retardation & the stupid assumptions I made which turned this relatively minor task into a question,,, suffice it to say,,they are now off. Thanks :D

Out of curiousity----I saw a picture once where a guy had basically stripped down his Disco from the rear seats back & Rhino Lined the whole thing. Can't remember where I saw it but looked pretty damn cool,,,and very practical for the trail. Has anyone here done anything like that?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
SCSL said:
Paul, I will spare you the details of mental retardation & the stupid assumptions I made which turned this relatively minor task into a question,,, suffice it to say,,they are now off. Thanks :D

Out of curiousity----I saw a picture once where a guy had basically stripped down his Disco from the rear seats back & Rhino Lined the whole thing. Can't remember where I saw it but looked pretty damn cool,,,and very practical for the trail. Has anyone here done anything like that?
I heard about that also, I thought it was a guy from NJ. He had it done in tan, but I heard it's taking a few weeks for the intoxicating smell to go away.

I remove all the carpet and molding in the cargo area of my D1. I plan on making a shelve like the Rangies. I did this on my 88 RR and it came out very nice.

I thought about POR15 but I want something to help reduce the noise. Do you know if Hammertite is any good?

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't really know. Just starting to explore the possibility. I didn't really think about the smell though,,,,,, that's a good point. Chalk up another one to LAND ROVERS ONLY.COM !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.