Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After owning a 99 disco a few years back (wife has never let me forget that was her favorite truck) I bought a grey 2011 LR4 yesterday and I'm already impressed with how far along the improvements are from 10 years ago. But the first story is not a good one.

After all the paperwork a proper detail and full tank of gas I headed down the freeway from the dealership (a BMW dealer). At about 65 mph the vehicle started to shake, kinda like when you have tires that are out of balance but worse. I slowed down and it went away. Stopped a few exits later and upon a quick walk around notice the heat and smell of burning brakes coming from drivers side rear wheel. Basically the parking brake was not releasing even after pushing button and p light disappearing on dash. I know because we tested it in the parking lot several times.

Dealer took it back and said brakes heated up badly, boiled the brake fluid and
scored rotors. On Monday they will replace all rotors, calipers, pads and fluid and will repair parking brake- so not the greatest of starts with the truck but I'll take the $3,000 brake job.

·
1,854 Posts
this means who ever replaced the rear brake rotors on the LR4 did not adjust the EPB.
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.