Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in my 2-year old ML500 for a new HSE LR3. I am getting the car Monday. Can't wait.

Now you all tell me I made the right decision. I gathered some of the links on http://www.mvw.net/LR3/ so I can occasionally remind me I made the right choice :)

Michael
Oakville, Canada

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mmm.

OK.. no-one's telling me anything: either this forum is not the active place I was hoping for or I made the wrong decision....

·
Registered
5 Posts
mwillems,
I bought mine about three weeks ago, no problems yet. I hope we made the right decision, I just wish the had a good brush guard for them.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase! I believe you have made the right choice as you previous "off-roader" does not have the same abilities as your new one, assuming that you will at least off-road in it from time to time. Overall finish quality (unless LR have pulled a finger out) may not be quite the same, but I guess you can't have everything. Maybe the new RR might fill the gap?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Disco said:
Congratulations on your new purchase! I believe you have made the right choice as you previous "off-roader" does not have the same abilities as your new one, assuming that you will at least off-road in it from time to time. Overall finish quality (unless LR have pulled a finger out) may not be quite the same, but I guess you can't have everything. Maybe the new RR might fill the gap?
Well yes, I do offroad - I have a cottage in a snow-area just north of Toronto, on an unpaved road. Plus even on roads there is a lot of snow around Toronto: snow, slush, mud, etc.

I find the finish less than the ML - plasticky - but that does not bother me, as I get front window heating, GPS, and more in return - plus Terrain Response. Well, I am greatly looking forward to the day after tomorrow when I am due to pick up the car (I am in the UK now but fly back to Canada Monday). After I drive it to Dallas over Xmas, I'll let you all know what the LR3 is like from a Benz ML500-owner's perspective!

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
mwillems said:
OK.. no-one's telling me anything: either this forum is not the active place I was hoping for or I made the wrong decision....
We are all jealous and too peevish to reply. :dunno:

I had a look at the LR3 at my dealership and thought they had made some fantastic changes. The SUV award speaks volumes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my LR3 HSE

Wow. I just picked up my LR3 HSE (Bonatti Gray), and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I love it more than my Westminster Edition Range Rover I got last week. This vehicle rides very smoothly on-road, but it just feels like a car you should have up in the mountains on a ski trip.

Fit and finish are great. Jaguar engine is smoother than the BMW engine in my Range. I added the expedition roof rack (looks great), running boards, front brush guard, driving lights, an several other options. Can't say enough about how enthised I am about this car. Really looks great, and drives great so far. Congrats to all who have gotten one already.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone installed a Video System in an LR3 yet?

I also purchased a LR3 HSE (black with alpaca) and should take delivery in Jan. I have been looking around but do not find many forum discussions on the LR3....so I am glad to see this one get some early traction. I have a question for those who already own an LR3:

Has anyone installed a DVD based video system? I know LR offers a roof mounted drop down, but I hate the loss of visibility, and would prefer a headrest version, but cannot find anyone who has actually installed any of them in the LR3 to get their comments.

·
Registered
10 Posts
New LR3

Well I have had my LR3 for the past few months and two weeks ago it started to stall and idle really rough.

Filled it with fuel one morning and the problem started.

Did not over fill but when I parked the vehicle and came back fuel was leaking out of the overflow on the tank,.

Expansion of fuel due to really hot 110 degree weather.

Called Land Rover road side assistance and they were really great.

Had a tow truck within 45 minutes.

Had it towed to Land Rover dealership.

At first they were unable to find the problem for the rough idle and stalling in traffic.

Finally traced it back to a bad vlave in the fuel tank.

Apparently it is only to let fuel vapors back thgough the charcoal canister as part of the emission system only the value was lettting raw fuel in.

Now the bad news.

There are no replacement fuel tanks to be had anywhere.

The dealership even went to Puerto Rico to get one.

No luck.

Replacement tank will not be availabe until Sept.

That's right folks Sept.

The dealership has been really great.

They are working with Land Rover North America to resolve the problem and have provided me with another LR3 to drive in the interim.

There really are great Land Rover dealerships out there who take care of their clients.

Hope this is an isolated incident and no one else has to experience this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
cednsan said:
I also purchased a LR3 HSE (black with alpaca) and should take delivery in Jan. I have been looking around but do not find many forum discussions on the LR3....so I am glad to see this one get some early traction. I have a question for those who already own an LR3:

Has anyone installed a DVD based video system? I know LR offers a roof mounted drop down, but I hate the loss of visibility, and would prefer a headrest version, but cannot find anyone who has actually installed any of them in the LR3 to get their comments.
we had two screens installed by our dealer behind the driver and passenger seats, no problems with visibility and each sources he same dvd player...

·
Magicly Delicious
1,030 Posts
WarEagle92 said:
mwillems,
I bought mine about three weeks ago, no problems yet. I hope we made the right decision, I just wish the had a good brush guard for them.
i dont know if you know this now, but ARB's Bullbar is now availible on the LR3 :buttrock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts