Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My project Disco just recieved a Tuned Port Chevy 350 Sunday. I should have it finished up and running in the next couple of weeks.:drive:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using the factory transmission and trans case. I bought the kit that Mark's 4x4 builds out of Australia to use the Chevy V-8 or V-6.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
More photos, More details, more tech...

Nice rig.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a bunch of pics from the build. I'll try to get them together and posted.
Thanks for the compliments.

·
Just out rovin about
334 Posts
How much did the kit cost ya??

·
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Roverness
955 Posts
Just think...no more Lucas computer...ahhhhh....

300 hp easy...and torque too....

cheap and plentiful parts.....

·
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Roverness
955 Posts
Looks like this is the place he mentioned: Marks 4wd Adaptors Home Page

$895 for the conversion kit plus $210 for the mounts (that's AUS dollars so you need to convert it)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have an LS1 sitting on the ground but decided to go with the Tuned Port because I already had the computer and painless wiring that came out of my old hot rod. Its probably going to be way to much...but it will be fun.

·
Registered
990 Posts
i've seen this done before in a DI, except it was a vortec 4.3. there was a ridiculous amount of room left in the engine bay after wards. i believe he just sent the bolt hole measurements in to an adapter company and they had it made for him for a couple hundred bucks.

·
got mud?
1,917 Posts
i've seen this done before in a DI, except it was a vortec 4.3. there was a ridiculous amount of room left in the engine bay after wards. i believe he just sent the bolt hole measurements in to an adapter company and they had it made for him for a couple hundred bucks.
Do you even know what a 350 is?

I'll give you a clue, it isn't a tiny S10 engine.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Do you even know what a 350 is?

I'll give you a clue, it isn't a tiny S10 engine.
Nope, It's a little tiny small block Chevy. TPIs make good torque though. Hopefully the Rover tranny will hold up to the 350. If it's stock (the motor), it's only good for about 300-350 lb./ft. I think the 350 TPI IROCs were reated at 240HP.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts