Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
350 in a Disco?:dunno: I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Thats just one step away from owning a Jeep. A Land Rover is a Land rover.NOT a GM product. I understand the desire for more reliability but jesus......thats just slight butchery right there. Sorry. I guess I'm a purest.
You DO realize the Disco has a BUICK engine in it, right? (i.e., it IS a GM product)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would consider the swap but I am too much a traditionalist to bastardise my rig like that.
There's nothing wrong with being a traditionalist. I say if you want a Land Rover buy one. If you want a GM product buy one. Don't combine the two. It's NOT a Land Rover if it's powered by anything other than a LR motor. If it was made by Land Rover for Land Rover,assembled in the UK and was designed with the LR in mind then it's ok.

By the time you complete the swap and manage to get the wiring looms together and computers to talk and work out the bugs (which will be with the truck for the entirety of it's life) you could have had the LR engine completely custom rebuilt. Whats the point anyway?? Whats the real advantage?

To all the fucktards trying to **** talk asking if I know that GM design has played a part in LR and Rover V8's...**** off. I probobly have more LR knowledge in my stool than you have in your head.Seriously... know what and who your talking **** to before you run your mouth. Don't be an asshole because your opinion varries.
Dickhead

·
It's all about my Blue Balls!
2,109 Posts
Wow, I'm very impressed!!!!! Can't wait to see it all done!!!

·
Drives like an old man
403 Posts
YES, I know it's an old thread, but:

Man, after reading all this crap, I'm ready to ditch the Disco and go back to Jeep. Except for the prestige (whatever that's worth) of owning a LR, why own one? The Jeep is AT LEAST as capable, far, far more reliable, way more powerful, simple to work on, gets better mileage and parts are readily available. And, it fits in my garage. So, I'm thinking it might be time to move on...or back. If I have to baby this thing to make it last, why is it considered a tough off-road vehicle? Are we all dumb asses for defending them? Beginning to think so. Or maybe I just don't get it. I want a vehicle I can drive every day and go anywhere in it. Why can't I do that in an expensive vehicle like this? What are we paying for?

/end_rant/

Okay, let 'er fly. Don't tase me, bro. Just being honest.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Generally speaking I do not think you should use the term "daily driver" and "Land Rover" in the same sentence.

161 - 166 of 166 Posts