Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: Hi All,

Just joined the group and it looks like a fun place to be - I think I recognise a few names form other groups too!

Mine is a very early D1 3.5 V8 Manual with Carbs (!) and I'm of the attitude that when bits fall off - if it still runs they stay off!

I have made a few cheap mods - lost all trim (even the paint) chopped the wheel arches off to add taller tyres (ground clearance is everything IMHO) - next is the lift I keep promising myself and even taller tyres!

Attached are a few photos - the only time it has ever been clean and a couple of the "school run" my daughter and I use during the summer!

Looking forward to the group!

Cheers,

Mark HH (AKA Holy)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Welcome to the fun :D Nice Discovery, you've been published :drink1: I was reading about your Disco and how you polished all the aluminum... Crazy! :drink1:

·
10,236 Posts
Sweet disco...I love the way it shines....... Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not chrome - it is polished ally...

The finish is simple to say - bare polished aluminium - but a bitch to do...business was very very quiet at the time!

Cheers,

Mark HH

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Badger,

On and off it took about 3 months...!!!

The finish is as hard as nails though, but in hindsight I wouldn't recommend anyone else do it.

Cheers,

Mark HH

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Mark HH said:
Hi Badger,

On and off it took about 3 months...!!!

The finish is as hard as nails though, but in hindsight I wouldn't recommend anyone else do it.

Cheers,

Mark HH
It does look great though, but three months........damn! I'll just stick with my scratched up paint,ha,ha!!! :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The thing is - I kept putting different vinyl graphics all over it, every few months or so I'd get bored and put a different design on it. I'm really bored with the "chrome" effect - but each time I try to think of what to do next I loose my bottle when I think of the time I spent.

I'm seriuosly thinking about Nato Sand and Black camo - have actually tried one door already!

Cheers...

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Mark HH said:
The thing is - I kept putting different vinyl graphics all over it, every few months or so I'd get bored and put a different design on it. I'm really bored with the "chrome" effect - but each time I try to think of what to do next I loose my bottle when I think of the time I spent.

I'm seriuosly thinking about Nato Sand and Black camo - have actually tried one door already!

Cheers...
What?! Don't cover that polished aluminum up! Think about all that time you spent on that.

·
10,236 Posts
Badger1 said:
What?! Don't cover that polished aluminum up! Think about all that time you spent on that.

Just do the roof or something....the polished alum...is just to cool

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Hi!! I saw your Land rover somewhere in the past few months????? I think it was a Tesco car park?????Maybe at Billing??? It's driving me crazy but I'm sure I saw you on the road recently.....anyway......great Disco.KEEP THE FINNISH YOU HAVE!!! Looks great! :buttrock:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Welcome Mark HH...

I read about your Rover and saw the pis in a Land Rover mag last month!! :buttrock:

We have another celebrity among us.. hee hee.. it was a neat article, you sure changed the look of that thing around quite a bit! Zebra stripes were way cool!

Serg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts