Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im going to replace the damper this weekend (i ended up getting the OME :buttrock: ). I just wanted to make sure that i can have the front up on my ramps and that the front of the truck isn't going to collapse when i remove the damper...the wheels can be on the ramps right? or would it be better to support the front of the truck on the axles using jackstands?

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Are you talking about the steering damper or the shocks?

If it's the damper you don't need to even lift the truck unless you've got a big belly. You can slide under the Disco and remove the old damper and install the new one. Takes less than 15 ins.

If you're talking about the shocks then you don't need to lift the vehicle either.

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha..yeah the steering damper. Prob is i have running boards and the front spoiler withthe fod lights. so its a tight squeeze under there, (even though i'm slim, i have the body of a 10 yearold kid..lol). Im gonna go ahead and remove the running boards while im at it like i told ya a while back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.