Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I've been following these forums for awhile, as I've been trying to learn more about Land Rovers as I've always wanted one. After many years, my time has finally come!! I just purchased a 2003 Discovery SE7 and can't wait to get it out on the trail! I've been doing a lot of research into what I eventually want to do with it, but think I'll keep it stock for now until I figure out what I "can't" do :)

I live in Phoenix and plan on doing quite a bit of wheelin' around the valley and northern regions of Sedona and Flagstaff. It's also going to be my daily driver, so I'm going to get very familiar with the gas pump.

Looking forward to actually being able to contribute to the forum instead of just be a spectator! Any suggestions on where I should start with my new Disco, please let me know!

Thanks everyone!

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Disco Mike's "Major Service" sticky at the top of the page is a good place to start with a new car. It'll give you a good baseline so you know the essentials are taken care of.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to get yourself an Ultra-Gauge. It's a real-time ECU monitor that lets you stay on top of engine temp, mileage, and any trouble codes. It's cheap and effective. Always pay attention to engine temp.

If you're mechanical and have access to a decent set of tools, then the LR should be breeze to work on. Parts are readily available, if somewhat more expensive than you're average car. Used parts are often the way to go, and several forum members run their own breaking business - check with them before you buy anything new.

If you're not mechanical and will rely on a shop to do the work...get ready for an expensive adventure.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bosnian! I'll take a look at the sticky and see if I have any questions (which I'm sure I will).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts