Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Folks !! My Disco II is a second/third vehicle for me and I don't drive it a ton as a consequence. The tires that were on the truck were the stock size... 255 55 18's. They were cracking from dry rot. Yep.... So, I dropped by a dealer friend's shop today and he had some Firestone Destinations - they were 'take off's' with only a couple thousand miles on them. They were 265 60 18's. We slapped them on the truck and they fit perfectly. They fill out the wheel well perfectly... and I'm not getting any rubbing or other problems. They are about 1.5" taller... and just under a .5" wider than the originals. Anyway... I know other owners of stock Disco II's are always wondering what will fit on the truck without modifications and I wanted to share my experience with the group here. :)

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Hey Jeff, thanks for sharing
I assume you are on stock suspension and with stock bumper?
You may find that your speedometer is off a bit as your rolling distance per revolution is higher now.
What tire did you choose?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.