Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just took off the bottom part of the front bumper, the extra plasticy stuff, as well as the side cover things. I was wondering if i should trim the side covers and put them back on, b/c as of now, the side of my front bumper is just a thin piece of metal w/ a large rectangular cutout. Also i noticed a small amount of rust on the passenger side where the weld is, nothing major, but what should i do to prevent it from rusting more?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Like this.......

I'm not sweating the little metal tabs. They'll go away when I bring a new bumper home from the pound.

As to the rust, if it is only on the surface, just sand down til you hit clean metal, prime it, and paint it. I had something similar happen on my frame and I just used flat black Rustoleum rattle can.

The best solution? Nope. Cheap, though? Oh, yeah.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys, i just tested out my flex tonight on a gravel mound, nothing too accurate but i'd say around 2 1/2 ft from the ground to the buttom of my tire. I like the front w/o the spoiler on it alot better, cools the engine down alittle bit more and allows for a better angle of approach, i'll look into cutting the front cornerpiece to make flush w/ the rest of the front bumper. Also, my brushguard is loose. I put it on, then retightened it, but it still has about 3/4 of an inch in up and down play. Is there anything i can do to secure it on more, other than welding/drilling? any kind of wrap-around clamps or bolts or anything i could use?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
G4??? Yeah, I would think twice about cutting it too! I used a sawzall to trim my rear fender wells. But I would recommend a better cutting tool for you. If that is your truck pictured there, I would go to a professional b/c you got a really nice rig. :clap:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hah, i wish it were my truck, ive only got a regular one. Maybe i should take it down as it may give the wrong impression. :eek:

Sawzall huh? Ive got some major thinking and planning to do..

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
The single best piece of advice I can give you if you are going to trim you rear fenders to allow for stuffing of larger tires is this... make a template so both sides are the same. Mine is a little jacked up b/c I did it on the trail with the sawzall. But it's paid off in a few days so who cares! :buttrock: :buttrock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.