Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up my first land rover yesterday. it is a 98 le disco. the truck has 72k on it and seems to be in decent shape. i look forward to having some fun with this thing. :rellye

i've been lurking for a while so the first things will be a brand new optima battery, some plugs, k&n filter, and wires.

i will be buying a service manual off of ebay does anybody have any recomendations?

next on the list will be a full service including brakes and possibly some tires. i had the bfg all terrains on my toyota and i liked them so they will probably be the tire of choice for the disco unless someone has some better ideas.

last question is are there any dealers that offer a discount on oem parts? i want to replace the parking brake lever and transfer case lever boots.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Welcome, call Nathan @ Discount Rovers - (502) 876-8377. I think his site is www.discountrovers.com not sure though. He can get almost anything. Also check out Red Rhino - one of the sponsors of this site - if he can and Nathan can't get it, you probably don't need it anyways. :D

·
Registered
528 Posts
Welcome aboard, I too am still fairly new to the site(bought my first disco last week), but I already find myself checking the "new posts" every couple of minutes, lol :lol: . Hope you catch the "bug" as I have. :drive:

- AppStateDisco

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Welcome to the LR family!

If you plan on getting Magnecor wires let me know and I'll give you the LRO discount.

Apps, what position do you play? I played prop since I was 13 along with my brother.

·
Registered
528 Posts
i'm putting in a new sirpentine(sp?) belt and new plugs/wires, how much of a difference do new plugs/wires make, assuming I get good ones?

·
Registered
528 Posts
john c, i play tighthead and loosehead prop. Last semester was my first season playing, but i love it. i'm 6'0 275 and strong so hopefully i'll be successful at it. I plan on getting a graduate degree from cambridge(the non-stateside one) so hopefully i'll be good enough to play w/ those guys by the time i go over there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.