Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as I really began liking my Disco, getting "that feeling" us car guys get when you find that one. A feeling I haven't had since I had the E39 BMW Touring I traded for the C5 Audi, this happens...:mad::(

I was hit by a kid driving his Dad's truck... this

People always ask me why I am so stuck on european vehicles with all their niggles and temperment, but I think this is an attribute as to one good reason among many...

The guy had to be doing about 40-45 mph when he plowed into mine (he ran a light). The hit lifted the front of mine up and spin me about 190 degrees from original position. I thought it was going to flip sideways. Once the "smoke" cleared, mine rolled to a stop w/ the flashers on and fuel system disabled. I think mine handled the impact much better than his, Its a Navigator by the way. Tough trucks we have.:beer:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
So, is his insurance co. covering everything?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, that sucks. Just don't rush into anything and have the truck brought home if you have a place to store it while the insurance wrangling goes on. With the truck in your possession and on your premises, you are still in the driver's seat.

I don't see airbags deployed so I'm guessing you're okay. Hope that's the case.

·
Registered
49 Posts
holy cow! it knocked the lettering right off your bonnet...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, is his insurance co. covering everything?
One way or another, yes. The battle is that he is saying he had a YELLOW light even though my turn arrow was yellow and all traffic was stopped on his side of the road... :shifty:

Well, that sucks. Just don't rush into anything and have the truck brought home if you have a place to store it while the insurance wrangling goes on. With the truck in your possession and on your premises, you are still in the driver's seat.

I don't see airbags deployed so I'm guessing you're okay. Hope that's the case.
I'm fine, thanks. A bit of a scrape to my chin and the cupholder bruised my knee. I have the truck at a trusted shop while in limbo. So I'm good there. No airbag deployment. if you notice mine is facing away from the one that hit me. I was not "spun". the hit knocked the front end up in the air and around...

If u end up parting it out I woul be interested in the headlights for a conversion . Hopefully it doesn't come down to that.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm gonna say no to the head light conversion unless you're going for the new BUSTED look :lol:

holy cow! it knocked the lettering right off your bonnet...
Amazing huh?:eek::lol:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Didn't you get a police report?

·
Registered
462 Posts
The only reason my fiance is alive is because of the strength of these trucks. Her father bought a brand new Discovery in October of '03. They were on the interstate one night in January of '04 on the way back from an off roading trip and there was a refrigerator box in the middle of the interstate. Her then boyfriend pulled the wheel to try and miss it and rolled it over on the passenger side. Since it was so new, it wasn't totaled by insurance. It cost 43k new and ended up costing the insurance 37k to fix it. The job was way underestimated. She's convinced if she had been in anything else she would be dead because the A-pillar didn't collapse when the truck rolled on to it. The truck is sitting in my driveway right now and only has 24k original miles. It's been a trail truck since it was 3 months old. It's still a beast!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't you get a police report?
I did, but there is a code that is on there thats making it hard for me. I'm in contact with the Reporting officer and the Sgt that witnessed it.

The only reason my fiance is alive is because of the strength of these trucks. Her father bought a brand new Discovery in October of '03. They were on the interstate one night in January of '04 on the way back from an off roading trip and there was a refrigerator box in the middle of the interstate. Her then boyfriend pulled the wheel to try and miss it and rolled it over on the passenger side. Since it was so new, it wasn't totaled by insurance. It cost 43k new and ended up costing the insurance 37k to fix it. The job was way underestimated. She's convinced if she had been in anything else she would be dead because the A-pillar didn't collapse when the truck rolled on to it. The truck is sitting in my driveway right now and only has 24k original miles. It's been a trail truck since it was 3 months old. It's still a beast!!
Sorry to hear they were in an accident. Glad everyone is on and you got a trail truck out of it.

What are these worth. Mine was an 03 166k SE No mechanicall issues. The Driveshaft was the updated one. No rips tears, etc in the interior. Everything worked as is should. Not even a speck of rust.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
So, turn it over to your insurance company and let them fight with the police or the other guys insurance. Do you even know if the other guy has insurance, does your policy have uninsured motorist coverage?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, turn it over to your insurance company and let them fight with the police or the other guys insurance. Do you even know if the other guy has insurance, does your policy have uninsured motorist coverage?
He has insurance.

There was an officer that witnessed the accident, but he was off duty and relayed what he saw to the reporting officer. He used a code on the report that indicates failure to yield on my part. I had a yellow turn arrow and oncoming traffic was stopped (except this guy obviously). I'm working with them to see if he will correct the report. That code takes the ability to "fight" away from my ins co

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
He has insurance.

There was an officer that witnessed the accident, but he was off duty and relayed what he saw to the reporting officer. He used a code on the report that indicates failure to yield on my part. I had a yellow turn arrow and oncoming traffic was stopped (except this guy obviously). I'm working with them to see if he will correct the report. That code takes the ability to "fight" away from my ins co
I hate it when cops (not all of them) pull this kind of crap. They love to spread the blame around. You are probably 100% correct, but because YOU failed to see him coming and did nothing to avoid the accident, you are partially to blame.
Back in the day, I was cited for failure to "honk" at some jerk before he hit ME.
A buddy of mine had a deer jump out in front of his truck at night with no option but to hit it. He actually got a ticket because the cop said he had to cite him because it was an "accident". Un ****ing believable.
Hope this cop is a stand-up guy and does the right thing. Good Luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He seems to be alright. Fortunately no actual tickets were given... Its just that in the insurance world that code solidifies responsibility

1 - 14 of 14 Posts