Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jeffrey
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting about 235 miles to the tank driving back and forth to work. I added a K&N Fliter and I got 325 from the tank of gas. Yes it does work. I have always used these filters in ever vehicle I have own.

·
Banned
527 Posts
Scort007 said:
I was getting about 235 miles to the tank driving back and forth to work. I added a K&N Fliter and I got 325 from the tank of gas. Yes it does work. I have always used these filters in ever vehicle I have own.
Nice! Almost an extra 5mpg from a K&N. :confused

Come on now, you dont think we actually fell for that, ehh? :wave:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm gonna have to call BS, sorry I highly doubt it was all because of the K&N filter. I have a K&N filter and all i notice was a smoother idel/take off and a nice growl if i hit the gas hard. I have estimated thati get around 300-320 before the K&N filter so maybe it was because your car just need a filter, and if your filter was that bad maybe you need a full tune up.

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
Yeah that's why to much... no filter is going to do that period. Unless you had your truck breathing through a straw...

·
Banned
527 Posts
darkknight1999 said:
Yeah that's why to much... no filter is going to do that period. Unless you had your truck breathing through a straw...
If you were getting 235 miles to a tank before, you had a concrete air filter. I think that simply putting in a clean air filter brought your truck back up to standards, not "increased" your mileage above normal, if you catch my drift.

Both of my Rovers always got/get 300-320 per tank.

·
Jeffrey
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Responce

That is what I'm getting so I'm driving every day because of the milage. I'm not going to take the metro which is free for me. I enjoy the comfort of my Truck and I'm going to enjoy it. No need for me to lie I just tell it like it is. I work 20 miles from DC and I was filling up twice a week, now I fill up once a week. 20X2=40 40X5=200. So now I can go to work two more days now then before. I drove to Jersey 198 miles which are highway miles and less gas is used. I also run my AC all of the time. The K&N Filter is my best investment for every vehicle I have owned. So I just suggest that if your getting bad milage get one or one like it. I'm going to have a professional clean the filter in about a year. The same guy that has cleaned my other filters in the past he does a great job.

·
Banned
527 Posts
01001010 said:
250???...DAMn man...IM getting 400 miles to a full tank with the KN
I call BS on 400 miles to a tank. :clap:

·
2,986 Posts
Chris Hyde said:
If you only clean your filter once a year, I now know why you were only getting 10.68 MPG.
Actually, K&N's are recommended to be cleaned every 50k miles or so.. oddly enough, they filter the best when they are dirty.. I clean mine every 2 months though since I'm usually in extreme conditions (dust/mud/etc..)

·
Banned
527 Posts
rmuller said:
Actually, K&N's are recommended to be cleaned every 50k miles or so.. oddly enough, they filter the best when they are dirty.. I clean mine every 2 months though since I'm usually in extreme conditions (dust/mud/etc..)
Thanks! I did not know. I retract my comment to the poster. ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
I use a K&N in my Defender, however both my Discos have standard Land Rover Filters.

As for milage, 500-600 Km on a full tank depending on how I am driving, too much Cab Sauv to work that out in miles at the moment :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.