Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is day six with my new rover, and after working on the interior for a few hours I drove to the store, turned her off and pulled half of the key out! I can get her started, but it is kind of tricky. Has this happened to anyone else? Is the tumbeler exchange pretty straight-forward?
Thank you,

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Lock Smith ??

:dunno:

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Once you get down into the column it looks pretty easy. But you may want to have a locksmith do the work if you are worried about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tumbler

Where's the best place to but the tumbler??

·
Registered
127 Posts
Broken off key in ignition....

Hi,
I was able to retrieve half-a-key once by just adding a tiny dot of a good quality, fast acting super glue to the end of the key you still have, push it firmly into the ignition so it pushes against the broken off part (I gave it about 20 seconds) then pull it out slowly & carefully as straight as possible.
Now the secret to this working is just to use a tiny dot of glue & make sure its a good quality glue that bonds on impact.
Worth a try before to take the tumbler apart!
Good luck, :drive:
Andy-Landy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

That is a good idea, BUT, I am not sure if I have another key! I will check tomorrow to see if the extra key I do have is for the doors or tailgate (the doors, tailgate and ignition were all different).
Thank you,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

OK, that was my only key. How diffacult is it to replace the tumbler? I found one w/ key listed for 79.00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts