Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’ll kinda. So my toddler through my FOB to my 13 RR in the dog bowl water. I shook all the water out. This morning I go to take my little girl to school and the fob unlocks the truck but would t start it. After lots of trying I took the green motherboard? Out of the plastic and after 20 attempts at putting it next to where the manual says it started. Anyone know what’s my best option to make sure I don’t end up stranded out of town this weekend besides paying $500 for a key. And yea I only have 1 (and it doesn’t even have an actual metal key). Thanks in advance.

· Bleeds Green
203 Posts
If it's water-damaged and doesn't work after drying out, the only option is to replace the key and have the dealer sync up the new one. Sorry.

· Registered
8 Posts
Wow, you got lucky! I say replace the battery for sure, even if you think it’s a glitch. Sadly, my husband left me spare Evoque key in his jeans and it was washed - because he NEVER has things in his pockets. Mine spare ia now a lost cause but replacing it will set me back almost $700. Insane. Probably all labor too, right. I love my Rover and I knew upkeep could be painfully expensive, but when it’s not mechanicals it just blows!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts