Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I don't know If there is such thing out for the 1999 Discovery . But I'm looking for a key that looks like the SLK or the VW switchblade key .

I found info on how to make your key into switchblade key using a doner switchblade key .

Like MKIV VW have the new kind of key that is a gruve in the key . and you can install the rebular key Like i have on Land Rover.

But what I want is something smoler with that remote . Casue this key is HUGE .

BTW a side question . This remote only locks the truck ? or can I open the truck too ? I don't know how to open it on this remote .

Thanks.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I figured out what was wrong why the doors did not opened . The two keys that I got with this LR . were broken .

That botton with Land Rover logo was not working cause the SMT switch was broken off. So I solderd it back on bouth remotes and put some krazy glue to prevent this from happening again . And they work now .

But I still want to know If I can get that switch blade key from Land Rover and the remote would be programable to my Disco II ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.