Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my keys won't work anymore ( the keyless entry ) even with new batteries. 1998 4.6HSE

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Try cleaning the contacts, if that doesn't work, go to ebay and buy a new one, yours is dead, which is not unusual, they fail pretty easily.
Mike J.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How do I program it for my vehicle?

Unlock car using good key then place key to be programed in drivers door press lock button and keeping button pressed lock door by turning the key the key is now programed

·
Registered
489 Posts
There should be a "key synchronization" procedure in the owner's manual--On mine you take the keyless which won't work (the one you put the new battery in) and be outside the car with the doors unlocked. Press the "lock" button on the keyless then flip the key out and lock the driver's door (turn key toward rear or the car) The key should now be programmed. You can also do it the other way, start with locked vehicle, press unlock on keyless then unlock driver's door with key.

As far as I know, don't buy a keyless fob off ebay for a 4.0 / 4.6 RR. They cannot be reprogrammed unless you have the BeCM from the donor ivehicle as well. (Someone could buy a key for $50 off ebay, copy the VIN off a 2002 HSE at the mall, follow that RR home so they know where they live, have the ebay key programmed to that VIN, and steal they car easily)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts