Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any problems with thier keys wearing out or anything like that?...apparently mine is completely toast since it wont unlock or turn over anything anymore... :mad:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
What do the teeth on the key look like, it is unusual to have them wear out.
When you say it won't turn are you referring to the door lock or the ignition?
Mike J.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
both, it dont work on anything...idk maybe i just abuse my keys too much... :bawling: :bgreen:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks like something in my tumbler was screwd up...oh well nothing vice grips and a screwdriver couldnt break off...i mean fix :drive:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Key

My 2000 DISCO did the same thing. The ignition is too loose and I had to mod the key to turn that over, so now it won't touch the lock. Bought a new door lock and ignition set used with two keys. Really cheap! Tidewater rover in NC

·
Registered
59 Posts
All my locks were hard to operate. I used a dry graphite power spray and it really helped them. It felt like I would break the key getting the driver's door open, now it turns easily ... Hope this helps !!!

Paul Z

·
Registered
3 Posts
The key on our 04 purchased new in Nov. can not be removed from the ignition. This started about 2 weeks ago. The service department in Cincy which is piss poor is booked out to the 27 of Feb. ,probably because it takes 2 trips up there for them to fix something. Maybe someone will steal it and we can avoid what I feel will be a lot of hassle down the road. Our 01 was a nice vehicle but this one, 3 quarts of oil used in 2900 miles smells like a turkey to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts