Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2008 LR2 SE
57 Posts
In the US, the dealer will charge about $350-$400 for the key + programming.

Alternatively you can order an aftermarket fob ($30) and the Autel AP200 OBDII scanner ($60) and program the key yourself. If you want to try that, read this thread first...

In my experience, the AP200 works but the software can be confusing. Also the next time you need a key you'll only need to buy the key. And you may find the other scanner functions useful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the US, the dealer will charge about $350-$400 for the key + programming.

Alternatively you can order an aftermarket fob ($30) and the Autel AP200 OBDII scanner ($60) and program the key yourself. If you want to try that, read this thread first...

In my experience, the AP200 works but the software can be confusing. Also the next time you need a key you'll only need to buy the key. And you may find the other scanner functions useful.
Hi there!
I’m seeing Several threads where people are claiming to have successfully programmed a Land Rover & or, Freelander new fob/key, using the Autel AP200.
And so, myself, having somewhat recently lost my only key to my 2005 LR3 (“I” didn’t actually lose it) and after paying a cool & reasonable $400 for a new key (that’s just for the cut, btw) from the dealership, I naturally opted to try & possibly/hopefully avoid paying the other additional programming fee of $380😳 for the programming of the key. Not that the price isn’t well beyond a fair & a reasonable one! But for…..other reasons.
Anyways, after failing in every way conceivable. at cheating the dealer man, I swallowed my pride & called the dealer man, and informed them I’d be needing a good program job, asap! And it was at that moment that I learned that “We no longer program keys for vehicles that old.” (2005!!…🤔…TF?)
And so, I thought my night are was over, when I discovered many different threads discussing how they’d diy via “Autel AP200” and so I ordered one via ebay, and been trying to program this; dealer issued, laser cut, and supposedly direct from good ole Great Britain (…coughUHHBULLSH*T!cough) brand new, never before programmed, virgin key fob/key, clearly tho, to no avail!!
Can someone PLEASE instruct me on how they did so with theirs? I cannot express in words, as to how utterly grateful I would be, if that were to happen!
Also…is it even possible to do an
“All Keys Lost” on a ‘05 LR3 using the AP200?
Thank you, for your replies in advance! Regardless of their content! I appreciate the fact you took the time to respond, a great deal! Someone please help!! (Lol) (but not really lol)

·
2008 LR2 SE
57 Posts
I was recently able to program an X Autohaus key using an AP200. Discussion in the link below. The software was a little tricky and did not indicate success. But even though the software said it failed, the new key actually worked. Basically keep trying and testing the new key after each attempt. Used keys or any key which has been programmed before will not work...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was recently able to program an X Autohaus key using an AP200. Discussion in the link below. The software was a little tricky and did not indicate success. But even though the software said it failed, the new key actually worked. Basically keep trying and testing the new key after each attempt. Used keys or any key which has been programmed before will not work...

[

I have a ‘05 LR3 with a new key/fob from the dealership, but I’m having trouble getting my Autel AP200 to program the key. I’m assuming It’s bc it’s an “All Keys Lost” scenario. It shows the option to “Program Key” but not for an “All Keys Lost” function. But idk if that’s even relevant, that it doesn’t show as having that specific function?
Anyways, I’ve gone thru the procedure 3 or 4 times now, and it says to “start the vehicle for 6 min. to initialize the key settings before proceeding with the next steps” (of which, are the supposed programming of the key)
Anybody know what I’m dealing, or if this is even possible on 2005 LR3 with all keys lost but with brand new dealer key & fob? I’m in a seriously bad spot, with this. It’s costing me in more ways than just missed money from potential work.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts