Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My keyless entry is not working on my 96 Disco. :dunno: I locked it one evening, the next morning it would-not unlock. The battery is ok. Any ideas, is this thing dead? I read some posts but not enough information.

·
Banned
73 Posts
Does it lock again with the remote after unlocking using the key?

Do all the doors unlock with the key?

Play around with it more and make note of how it works/doesn't work. Then type it up and we can help a whole lot more. :wave:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can lock and unlock it with the key, the lights flash as well. I tried to re-program the remote. When I unlocked it with the remote, and pressed the unlock button 3 times, the horn would lightly sound 3 times. That is all I was able to get out of it. :dunno:

·
Registered
321 Posts
hey eric, hope your keeping well... keep in mind that on a '96 you cannot program your remote, only the dealer can or someone with the testbook.
Do you have another remote to try with? if they remote locks but will not unlock, and everything with the key works, i'm inclined to think it's your remote that's toast.
if it is, take a look a ebay as there are ppl selling the 2 button remote, you'll still need to go to dealer though :(
take care
sam

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Yeah I am thinking the remote is toast. I am going to call my local independant shop, and see if they will reprogram a remote. I thought I had a spare around, but I cannot find it yet. I am going to keep looking! Good to hear from you!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.