Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought this 94 Disco at an auction with only one key that operates the ignition only. After contacting LR it seems you must come in to get the key code or purchase remotes & programming from them at a rediculous price. Does anybody know where to purchase keys and remotes reasonably and reliably?
Thank you

·
SCUBA Instructor
81 Posts
eBay...of course

Welcome aboard honybears! :clap: :drink1:

I found the best deal on eBay. Feel free to search this forum for several helpful threads on remotes and keys.

Bottom line - get a "one button" remote and you will be able to program it yourself. :buttrock:

The "two button remote" requires an expensive trip to the Dealer (aka "Stealer"). :eek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
keys and remotes

Hey Guys,
I found a great site on Ebay for code cut keys. The site is keys4classics.com
They cut 2 keys to code for $20. US. They ship air mail from Australia. The keys arrived in 6 days and work perfectly! Hope this can help someone.
Thanks again for all your help. :rellye

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I went to ACE hardware and got a key cut for $5...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, but I didn't have a door key to duplicate. The vehicle was bought at auction with only the ignition key and the cylinder was different from the door lock. Compared to the dealer cost in Cherry Hill, N.J., who by the way said they we're not having much luck cutting code keys & recommended getting a locksmith, I know this was a great deal and the product was perfect. :rellye

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.