Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit a deer a couple weeks ago... going around 40mph (best guess). :buttrock:

Butt hit smack dab in the center, shoulder hit driverside. took out entire bumper assembly (pretty much). amazingly missed my crush cans completely and just bent everything else.

Bent the supports behind the grille
took out headlight mounting on driverside and driverside indicator housing.
Also punctured the washertank
... that stuff is all replaceable... however the stupid metal that the headlights mount to look to be welded to the car... and it's pretty mangled...

Looking for ideas on straightening it out so that headlight isn't pointing to the sky or some odd angle when I install new parts. was thinking of bolting wood together in there to sandwich the metal ... maybe with some sheet metal pieces inbetween to help bend it all back into place (so to speak)

I really don't want to spend $500+ on front end crap.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
On a side issue, is that front cross member nearly rusted thru, if so you have better check the rest of the under carriage cause you nay be in trouble.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sure is rust... But it's just there. Frame is solid... I've checked it. The exhaust on the other hand has seen better days. Straight piped the center muffler but I think I need to do it the other way around... That's not the issue right now though... The metal behind that headlight is all bent. I took a pic with almost everything pulled off... Will upload later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts