Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 96 disco has a knocking that occurs at abot 1700 to 2200 rpm's. Only whem Im on it a bit up a hill or trying to accelerate just a bit a mechanic listened to the engine I thought it was maybee a valve but it sounds like its coming from under neath maybee the cat converter? I dont feel any vibration and it runs perfect other than the knocking. If I drive it like a baby it will not do it all. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
If it is a cat, replace it as soon as possible before it ruins an O2 sensor. If it is the driver's side cat, I have an aftermarket one I bought but ended up not needing it. You can have it for the price of a case of Corona, plus shipping from 95356 (Kalifornia).

I have two of them but I am not sure it will fit the passenger side. I will measure it tonight for you if you need the measurements.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That will be great I will get in the shop asap and have them take a look at it Maybee hold off before you go measure I want to make sure thats what it is but if it is ILL TAKE IT FOR SURE. Thanks Jason

How can I check to see if its a cat what would I look for or listen for

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
deserthonyaulk said:
That will be great I will get in the shop asap and have them take a look at it Maybee hold off before you go measure I want to make sure thats what it is but if it is ILL TAKE IT FOR SURE. Thanks Jason

How can I check to see if its a cat what would I look for or listen for
If you are in Colorado don't take it to the stealership!

Check out JCRover 4x4,,, you'll get honest advice & best pricing in town jcrover4x4.com or 720/227-9118

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First SLC yes Jeff is the best remember you and I are the ones who were on the post to take him all of your problems in Denver I had it in last week but this is a new problem

Son of Lucas - Thats what I thought so I have used 91 Octane and cleaners no help same as when I use 85.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.