Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the dash switch for the Kodiak Heater, or know how to remove the knobs? Also, anyone have any knobs? Also, Does anyone have an extra heater-inlet hose (outside of fender to heater) or know where to get some?

Back to the switch...what are the aftermarket choices for those...if any?

Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
To remove the knob-end you use a probe in the "release hole" on the knob. Look for a small hole halfway along the tapered part of the knob. Inside is a flat spring. You have to pry the spring back towards you a little bit and when it is pryed back, the knob will easily slide off the shaft. It doesn't take a lot of effort but you need a small diameter, stiff probe to reach in the hole and not bend while you release the spring. One you get it off and see how it works you will be amazed how easy a system it is.

For replacement switches, go to any auto parts jobber and ask for a rehostat switch. I think www.wiseowlparts.com have the hose. It is a weird diameter. Most people I know just use something close and seal it with duct tape. My hose is taken from a scrap piece of welding vent tube. I hadn't seen one before and haven't seen one since so I don't know wherre you would find that either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.