Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello all im a newbie to these forums......this is my 110 that i rescued from a slighty misguided arab.im working my way through the jobs slowly.so far shes had a respray,new bucket seats,harnesses and soundproofing.shell be going in shortly for marine grade carpeting to be fitted,so i can wash out all the sand.. :mad: at the moment im in the middle of making a custom dashboard out of aluminium,which is a pain in the arse.... :complain: the list of jobs is as long as a very long thing thats been streched....anyways let me know what you think......and if anyone knows of any landy companies in this part of the globe please let me know.....time for a home made beer :drink1:

· Registered
5,468 Posts
Sweet ride dude! Are you stationed in Kuwait or a civi living there? Where do you plan to go after that? That is a good thing to know so everything you do to your truck will still allow you to export/import it to your next locale.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey fella thanks for the reply.im a civvie aircraft electrician working for the kuwait air force,its easy work for good money,but its not a nice place to live out here.its 50 degrees plus now,its not nice to work on a landy in that kinda heat.so the next stop for me and my girl is new zealand to see my parents for a while. ill get a rhd conversion and galvo chassis put on it when it gets there.thanks for the advice got the old man looking into that side of things for me..... :wave: catcha mate

· Banned
73 Posts
I will be in the same boat when I go home to NZ - the Samurai rack crawler will come with me.

kuwait110 said:
RHD conversion
No need ... :clap: Land Transport Authority importing info
...it’s generally illegal to operate a LHD vehicle on New Zealand roads. However, some specific exemptions have been made to this law. The main exemptions are listed below.
1. A motor car or goods service vehicle that meets all of the following criteria:
* A gross vehicle mass of not more than 3,500 kilograms
* Imported by you, for your own personal use
* Manufactured less than 20 years before the date it was imported
* You have registered, owned and operated the vehicle overseas, for 90 days or more
* In a five-year period, you can only register one such vehicle in New Zealand
* The vehicle must be registered in the importer’s name (i.e. your name) for at least five years after it’s first registration in New Zealand unless the vehicle is 20 years old or more.

2. A motor car or goods service vehicle that meets all of the following criteria:
* A gross vehicle mass of not more than 3,500 kilograms
* Imported by you for your own personal use
* Was manufactured 20 years or more before the date it was imported
* In a 12-month period, you can only register one such vehicle in New Zealand.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Modifications to a vehicle above a certain threshold requires inspection and certification by an LTSA appointed certifier, who will issue a certification plate and attach it to the vehicle in order to be able to pass a Warrant of Fitness.
Certification Thresholds

For those that think the modification rule is draconian - check out
Scary Steering

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers fellas!ill look into the websites black magic cheers for that.my landy is powered by a v8 high torque donk that apparently was built by a company in the u.k and shipped out to kuwait,how true this is remains to be seen.but i must admit it keeps pullin n pullin n pullin :D anyways i must go and work on the beast now....will catch up with yas later :wave:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my other truck and more 110 pics

just a couple more photos of my 110 and 1 of my blazer...dont know what possessed me to buy the blazer it :dunno: ...just had to have a truck when i arrived in kuwait...oh and its for sale,if anyone wants to come out here and take it away :drive:

· Registered
843 Posts
Hey your over on this forum too Kuwait110?!?!? :wave: You guys should see his defender now, done allsorts to it!!

· Registered
843 Posts
Geobloke said:
Hey your over on this forum too Kuwait110?!?!? :wave: You guys should see his defender now, done allsorts to it!!
Here are some of his pics I have! THe twin smoke-stacks, actually snorkels, are gonna look well smart IMHO!

· Registered
100 Posts
Takemynamedamit said:
110= badass!

Here's one I saw for sale at LR of Guilford

No idea on price, I was afraid to ask
AFAIK that 110 and the 90 are the owner's trucks. Don't think they are for sale... I tried. However I will definitely vouch for that dealership as I picked up my disco there!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.