Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many Thanks for allowing me to join
I hope I have posted this in the right place.I have a 2004 l322.Which been stored for six months.When I went to it the front suspension was sitting on it bags, the back was fine at the correct height.I did a scan with RSW software but showed no faults. Then is was suggested to me to jack up the with the car off, then turn it on. Hey presto it work,suspension working fine no leaks stayed fine for a good week.Then by mistake I hit the access button by the door the car completely lowered its self, now I am back to square one.back lifts front stays down.pump works fine done a scan no issues,have tried the jacking up the front. No Joy. any input would be very helpful
Cheers Dave.

·
very disco
1,426 Posts
You almost certainly have a leak if the front lowered while sitting. Albeit a small one, a leak.

is your scan tool capable of doing a “system reset” or similar? When I was troubleshooting my EAS, I found the vehicle reset to be invaluable

·
very disco
1,426 Posts
I’ve got a slow leak in my LR3 somewhere. It takes weeks but it goes down in the front too (if I have the fuse out).

I would remove you battery and short the pos/neg cables overnight (with the battery removed!!!). Then lift the front body up to a reasonable height and reconnect the battery.

if you have the 4x4 display does it report the actual wheel positions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers everyone, thanks for your input.Going to try the battery disconnect and see what happens.Watch this space
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys
I have found the fault. Leaking front driver’s side airbag. One question The bags stay inflated on the jacks both sides. The passenger stays up when I let that side down. But when I let the driver’s side(one with the leak) the passenger side deflates as well. Are they both connected in some way.

·
very disco
1,426 Posts
The front air block has a cross link between the two bags creating an equilibrium of sorts. Forcing air from the leaking bag into the non leaking bag keeps the air in the system, but forcing air from the good bag into the leaking bag allows it to escape the system.

also I would strongly recommend replacing the desiccant beads. They’re designed to absorb the moisture as air enters the system, and then release the moisture when the air is discharged back through the beads. If wet air is dried during entry, and then the dry air escapes via the leak, it forces the EAS to draw in new wet air, and the desiccant will soon saturate and stop drying the incoming air. This will lead to condensation inside the EAS and deteriorating of the beads creating a powdery gum which can compromise your valve blocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts