Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Lake Hume @ Sequoia National

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bruinlad 
#1 · (Edited)
My wife and I hung around with the big boys at Lake Hume in Sequoia NP for a bday bash/bbq/camp. And boy did the Freelander get a workout. I mean let's face it, it doesn't have the articulation a Disco, RR or Defender has even with a 2" lift but, it certainly got through what I would say at least a couple of level 3 rated trails. It just took a few extra maneuvering (than you would have in the other earlier LR's mentioned) and not to mention a couple of times the wife had to be spotted. Yes, you read it right, I let the wife drive since it's hers and it's my way of getting her hooked so we can go more often. I have to tell you guys though, she cringed and tried to ignore it everytime we go through narrow brushes and it sounded so much like nails on a chalkboard. I did manage to buff most of them out with Meguiar's. Nonetheless, she had so much fun and so did yours truly though I almost go run over while spotting. Didn't really occur to me if if was intentional or not. LOL but it's all good. Insofar as the difficulty of some of the trails I think after we got through that, they somehow found respect for the lowly stock FL. In fact, they dubbed it...the lil car that can! But I think we'll be taking the Disco next time, I don't want to get comfortable sleeping on the sofa :D . Here's a link of the OHV guide and the trails we took and the index for the vehicle recommendations. SEQUOIA NP

Unfortunately, I couldn't take any pics of the trails themselves while in motion, but I did get lot of footages of the times when she had to be spotted. Otherwise, here are some pics from the trip that won't give you any idea of the trail difficulties and the aftermath from the trails that reminded me of gas station drive thru car washers.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like you had a great time. That's what it is all about. As your driving skills increase, you will be able to do more. It's like Jack White on a beater guitar - he can make it sound awesome. Buy a new player the best Les Paul there is, still sounds like crap. Nice pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.