Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I wished we could spead some knowledge around with cross referenced parts. I am certain some parts must be specific for rovers, though.

I am familiar with some interchangable parts with GM such as the Idle air control valve... wires, plugs, injectors etc.

Has anyone ran across some replacements parts... anything?

Actually, by way of default, hopefuly someone knows of aftermarket replacements for O2 sensors. ha

·
MG
714 Posts
I think this site (www.rangerovers.net/discoparts/) is great for crossreferencing parts.

This is what it has to say about Oxygen Sensors (fwiw, I just bought some OEM from Atlantic British, they're on sale por $99.95 ea plus s&h, because I hadn't noticed that there's a sponsor on that site that'll send them to you for $95...):

rangerovers.net/discoparts said:
Oxygen Sensors:
Discovery oxygen sensors with the OEM style plug are always expensive even when you use aftermarket versions. The alternative is to use generic replacement sensors that either have no plug or a different one; you just re-use your existing connector and solder the new wires on to the old connector or leads. The following are the lowest prices I have been able to find for both OEM style and generic oxygen sensors that work on the different Discovery models.

94-95 models (3.9 engine): ERR6729 (2 required). I found aftermarket replacements with the OEM-style connector at Atlantic British for $159.95, and at The Rover Connection for $130. Automedicsupply.com has them for $94.99 plus shipping. Will Tillery found another source for the OEM-style sensors which he uses them in his own shop, and is now making them available to fellow Discovery enthusiasts for $95 each, with free shipping. Will has kindly offered to donate a portion of the sales to customers who come to him from this site. So, Email Will for more information. Automedicsupply.com also sells the generic style of sensor that needs rewiring for $74.99 plus shipping.
The lowest price I have seen for for a generic oxygen sensor for the Discovery 3.9 (re-use old connector) is for a Bosch part# 13021 listed at for $56.93 with free shipping (do a part number search for 13021).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.