Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Land Rover Discovery 1995 V-8 3.95L You probably know these rigs have aluminum bodies and aluminum engines most were slushboxes...but the few the proud got the 5spd manuals. Yep and Tall and Torquey V-8 Euro SUV with a 5spd manual. 7 seats, 5 doors, 2 AC systems and 2 sunroofs.
Pictures under this link :

Land Rover Discovery 1995 5-spd, 2 AC, 2 Roof - Rita's Photos | SmugMug

We have had this rig since 2006 when we had a horse/trailer. But, we sold our horse and trailer last year, I am done with raised bed garden, garage, basement, and deck projects, towing others out of ditches, soil hauling, etc.

1995 LR Discovery V-8 US spec 5-speed manual with 150,000 miles on it.
2-AC, 7 seat model (white exterior, tan interior) no seat rips, it has seat covers, rover mats on floor and in tail-bed, has towing light kit.

It's very stock except for big roof rack, bull bars, running boards, back ladder, tail light brush guards, etc.

Some of the things I recall replacing on it in the last 7 years (I bought it in 2006-June)
1) New snow tires in 2006 on Steel Wheels (have stock Alloys & Tires)
2) I installed new speakers in 2006 and in the rear door subwoofer box
3) Stabilizer steering damper 2x 2007 & 2012 IIRC
4) Front brake discs and pads (once or twice last time maybe in 2012)
5) Rear brake discs and pads (once or twice last time maybe in 2011 or 2012)
6) Clutch master cylinder 2011
7) Clutch slave cylinder 2010
8) Ignition coil 2007 or 2008
9) Cap and rotor (2007 and 2011
10) Newer distributor (from another 1995) in 2012
11) Radiator overflow tank and cap 2010
12) Alternator (2010 and 2013)
13) Serpentine belt 2010 & 2013
14) Installed a new steering wheel damper and shaft (2007 or 8)
15) Installed new headlights and adjusters in 2012
16) Upgraded/updated speakers, rebuilt rear subwoofer box in the tail gate.

call or text richard 734 645 9824

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
You might want to post a price.
Two steering dampers in so short a time is unusual, does if have steering issues?
3 years is a short lifespan for an alternator, what brand is on it?
Pulling the transfer case PTO cover and posting a photo of the gearbox output shaft splines would be a help. They can be a weak point in the R380.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much for 1995 Disco 5spd 2 Roofs 2 AC 7 seat

I have it listed for $2,900 but that can be negotiated down if you dont need all the fancy accessories, roof rack, push/bull bar, tail light brush guard, ladder, running step boards, Rover front seat waterproof covers, front, rear, cargo floor mats. I also have the Alloys with street tires, and a HID set (that had a burned lamp or ballast so I swapped them out and returned it to stock) I am daft with electrical issues so I returned to stock. But those lights were crazy bright, but stock lighting is plenty good.

Regarding the cheap/easy steering damper, it think it was whipped when I bought it in 2006. So I replaced it with OME shortly thereafter and again last year IIRC.

I had used a cheapo Murrays/Oreillys alt in the past, but that crapped out (cheapo diodes?) after a year or two so I put a OE Magnetti on this year.

:drive:

http://landroversonly.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Location and photos of condition might help the sale also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The smugmug site has been updated with a video you can watch and listen to the Disco running

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still available???

Any frame issues (rust), mechanical troubles, gearbox smooth and shift into every gear? PM me your best price of this truck minus all accessories, keeping just the floor mats

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts