Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I want to add off-road accessories, a bull bar, and a light bar to my 2018 Land Rover Discovery Sport. I have two questions: first, am I stupid, and second, if not, what information should I include? Just in need of some ideas. Can I still get roof rails installed if I wish to put anything on the roof but do not currently have them? I really don't know where to begin, so thank you everyone!

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
629 Posts
Okay, I want to add off-road accessories, a bull bar, and a light bar to my 2018 Land Rover Discovery Sport. I have two questions: first, am I stupid, and second, if not, what information should I include? Just in need of some ideas. Can I still get roof rails installed if I wish to put anything on the roof but do not currently have them? I really don't know where to begin, so thank you everyone!
Ok, one thing at a time. What do you want to do first?
I haven’t seen any steel bumpers for the newer Discovery but I also haven’t been looking. I’d personally keep the stock bumper, as a steel bumper will be heavy and kill your mileage, which isn’t really worth it if it’s just for looks. If it might see some use, different story.
If you keep the stock bumper it’s rather easy to hide a light bar behind it for a factory look while still getting the extra light when you want it.
Adding roof racks - you don’t have the rails either? That might be a tall order to add. Some cars have the holes already but are covered up by trim, some use different roof skins between the roof rail and non roof rail versions, so adding rails is a nightmare. They do make cross bars that clamp over the edge of the roof, but they look silly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts