Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked out thier site ( http://www.LRLmag.com ) and wans't entirely enthused by it. Has anyone seen it? It it all late model Land Rovers driving to and from Starbucks or what? Looked like a bunch of way-to-rich people trying to save the world. This is all I could find on early models:

By subscribing today you will be demonstrating your enthusiasm for the Land Rover lifestyle and the pride you have for your Land
Rover. We're covering stories from restoration enthusiasts of Series I vehicles to the latest supercharged Range Rover Sport. Importantly, this publication is for owners in the U.S.; it is for you.
Any ideas guys? Anyone seen it yet?

?

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Lame. I get more from US 4x4 mags than I do the current crop of LR mags. This new one is just meant to be a table decoration. Unless they plan on including a section regarding modifications that everyday folks can do in their garage or have the local machinist fabricate, it will fade into obscurity.

·
2,986 Posts
I subscribed to it, and have good hopes for it... the first issue is in January.

The owner of it actually is going out to events and trying to appeal to our crowd also. He was at MAR this year and has some pictures up from it on his gallery.

I'm sure he recognizes that a big part of his audience is going to be wheelers, I mean.. how well do you think a "Honda Lifestyles" magazine would do, if it had nothing to do about modified rice-burners?

·
Underwater hockey is no dumber than any other spor
259 Posts
It looks like they're trying to bridge the gaps among the different types of LR owners. Having been a relatively active LR enthusiast for many years, I've noticed that there are several types of LR fans:
1. Hardcore Series Guys: These guys rode out the dark years from 1978-1987 w/ no LR representation and support in the U.S. Many of them find a range rover classic a little to high tech for their needs.
2. Hardcore Off-roaders: these guys are all about off-roading and happen to use LR as their vehicles of choice. Some of these guys are about the brand, others will be on the trails in any vehicle as long as it will get muddy.
3. Moderates: I consider myself a moderate, I love LR as a brand, would have a fleet if I had the means, enjoy the occasional off-road foray in a stock (or lightly modified) vehicle, and like wrenching on my rovers but still rely on them for daily transport.
4. The "urban" enthusiast. These are the guys who are only into LR for the image. Some may fall to the dark side, bling out their trucks, and all hope is lost. Others are ripe for conversion, a dealer wheels event may hook them, and soon enough, they're at the MAR trying to recover their bumper from a mudpit but enjoying themselves nonetheless.

I'm sure this is a simplification of the North American LR scene, but when one considers the diverse culture which appreciates these vehicles... it's definitely a daunting task to create a pub which appeals to all of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.