Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've definately noticed the increase in LR sighting a day, LR parts Qs? at work, and increased volume of pages on eBay. Before there used to be a mere 49 pages after typing Land Rover with All Categories selected....just now, I was doing a search, and I pulled up 200 pages!!!

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
I see more and more LR's on the streets here..... They are coming out of the wood work....

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
My money is on the new LR3 and RRS appealing to the upper middle class. For most of the market segment here in the US, Land Rover is more about appearance and status. This is fine, as it sell product. I would say the influx of new Rovers on the streets is due to roll out of new product. Poeple are exited about it and want one. It is seen as something totally different in a market plagued by bulbous ill-handling SUV's.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
As FunRover can attest, CO has got to be the new-LR capital of the freakin' world. All models of Disco, LR3, p-38, & new RR,,,, EVERYWHERE. I probably see no fewer than 5 LRs on my way to work every day,,,and 5 more on the way back. I I'm not talking about the same 5 or 10 either,,, it's weird.

Unfortunately, I stopped flashing lights or thumbs-upping,,,, I got NO LOVE on the street,,,just weird looks from confused soccer moms who probably thought I was a weirdo & blank stares from guys in pastel polo shirts.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
SCSL said:
Unfortunately, I stopped flashing lights or thumbs-upping,,,, I got NO LOVE on the street,,,just weird looks from confused soccer moms who probably thought I was a weirdo & blank stares from guys in pastel polo shirts.
I have the same luck... now i give a thumbs up to the ones that have been modifyed.... they cheer back at you.......The soccer moms give an odd look, or a finger, but that only happened twice to me

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
SCSL, Funrover....I feel your pain..

I long ago stopped waving at the older RR's, I thought perhaps if they were old (ie. 1995-2001) then they might just be people who bought them for land rovers...nope. I still wave at disco I/II's but with little luck, but I get a wave here and there, if not from other enthusiasts then from people just waving back because they dont know what else to do when I wave at them.......its enough to keep me waving.

what annoys me is there are two defender 90's which live not more than a mile from my home; I flash lights, honk, wave, everything....and no responce :dunno: , I am convinced they are nuts to be D90 owners but not enthusiasts. I must have drove past them at least twenty times now trying to get their attention...

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
keptin said:
I must have drove past them at least twenty times now trying to get their attention...
Well put Roverx sheep down next time, they may be jealious of the wool seatcovers...LOL :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
SCSL said:
Not just in Colorado............same in Dallas, get more waves or thumbs up from J*%P drivers :dunno:

Although, there is a hot mamacita I see in a yellow D90.............. :drive:

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
SCSL said:
As FunRover can attest, CO has got to be the new-LR capital of the freakin' world. All models of Disco, LR3, p-38, & new RR,,,, EVERYWHERE. I probably see no fewer than 5 LRs on my way to work every day,,,and 5 more on the way back. I I'm not talking about the same 5 or 10 either,,, it's weird.

On my commute to school everyday, i typically see 5 DIIs. All snobby businessmen on their cell phones or soccer moms. I wave at em, but the only response i get is from the children in the back seats. Whenever I to the new shopping area near e-470, more and more range rovers just keep poping up, but those too are driven by snobby businessmen. its good that more people are buying rovers, but theyre jerks. :complain:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
When I had the XD, most of the waves and thumbs up I got came from businessmen in new RR's...

·
Registered
528 Posts
if you're ever been to my part of charlotte(south, southeast) you know how many rovers there are. You literally can't go a half mile without seeing atleast 2 or 3, and i'm not exaggerating.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
What's wrong with businessmen driving LR's?? :dunno:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glad to say that I have yet to be denied by anyone driving a D90. I've only had mine for a few months though. I get so excited driving it that I'd wave to myself if I could.

If I waved to everyone in a Rover in Santa Monica, I'd have to keep my hand up the entire time I was driving. Most of the time they'd be too into their phone call to notice though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hey JC,
Do you think most of the inquiries could be from people from the forum sites? Most of us know where you work and may have checked it out??

As far as other Rover drivers go... I agree with 02Disco2, there's nothing wrong with the businessman driving the Rover. :drink1:

BTW, Disco moms wave back :wave: It's the guy's in Rangies that could care less...

Anything brand new I don't even look at...

·
Artist
90 Posts
northwest Landrover market

Land Rovers in NW are a dime a dozen with Boeing , Microsoft and Starbucks out here we have alot of new Range Rovers and LR3s... plus Many many Discoverys... the Seattle area is supposely the most LR per capita... :drive: :drink1:

·
These pretzels are making me thirsty
317 Posts
I live in Norman, OK which is just south of Oklahoma City. I see just a few of the same rovers here and there, I wave and usually get blank stares. Last weekend I ventured up to North Oklahoma City, near the upper class parts of the city, and damn! I saw a rover every time I turned my head, mostly DII. They were everywhere. No waves back. Of course.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
ibjettin said:
Disco moms wave back :wave:
True a lot of them do.. but don't tell my girlfriend... some of those soccer moms are hot..... And you know what a hot women and a rover can do to a guy...!!!!!! LOL :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.