Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, our family bought our first Land Rover: a 2001 Disco with 33k miles. We are very excited about the car, it sure is fun to drive. If you can please share some wisdom, I have a few questions (tha may seem stupid, so sorry in advance).

1. Being that we bought the car used, it did not include an Owner's Manual (hence the following questions). Does any know of a FREE, electronic source, perhaps in PDF?

2. Is this car always in four-wheel drive? I ask because the small shifter seems to be in high, and if I put it in neutral, the car "bings" and the is a "no-gear" light. I can't tell if it is in 2-wheel drive or 4, as I don't see an indicator light. I am sure this is in the OM.

3. The car came with only one key with the fob. Are there any discount sources for the keys, as the dealer wants $185 for the key and programming. Seem crazy-high to me.

Thanks for your help. I am glad I found this forum. I look forward to learning a ton from all of you, about our new family truckster.

Regards,
Old School :drink1:

· Registered
455 Posts
Congratulations on your first Land Rover. My wife and I purchased our first just a couple of weeks ago (2000 Discovery II), but are waiting for the title to register it!!!!

I'm a former auto mechanic so the first thing I did was look for a service manual and found a few on eBay. I do recall people advertising owners manuals there. I will look at my electronic manual for the owners manual and if it's there I'll get it to you somehow.

The vehicle is full time 4 wheel drive, hence the great gas milage :rolleyes: !

There were a few keys for sale on ebay for $75, sopposedly there $250 from the dealer.

Where are you located geographically?

· Registered
455 Posts
The owners manual is on the CD and I can't seperate it. I can send you, or anyone else who needs it, a copy of the CD. It includes the service manual for Discovery IIs/Freelander from '99 to '03

· Registered
321 Posts
I got a key fob off ebay for $20 including shipping, though you will need to go to the dealer to get it programmed and slap a battery in it.
As for the PDF, what's your email address? will email you a copy of it
take care
sam

· Registered
35 Posts
Buy a Bentley

Personally I wouldn't waste money on a "Owners Manual" it's not going to give you a good idea of how to fix actual problems. Take a look on eBay for a Bentley manual, they are with out a doubt the best. Next to the mass of Genuine LRNA Tech Manuals sitting on my desk of course. :)

Just my .02

Checkout www.get-rhino.com let me know if I can help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.