Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have more details in the morning. BUT.
I am a car enthusiast (of European cars, Volvo & Saab mainly).

I have never owned a land rover. Though I have always had a love for how they look so neat, and look so solid. Maybe its because they are just as boxy as the Volvos I like.

Anyway. I was driving by a garage and there she was. A white 1996 Rover 5 speed V8.. It had a safari roof rack and a spare on the back. Tan leather seats and 131,000 on the odometer. It was night time but it had no rust that was visible exept the ladder that was on the back and below the right tail light there was some yellowing.

They were asking $1,165.

Things I noted, the hood does not latch 100%
Two strut boxes in the back.
Tires were... Meh. Drivable.

I would love a solid 4WD vehicle for the snow in Vermont. I don't have a ton of cash if this vehicle is one that is, well, a lemon. What are some common things to look for? Also, I have no idea what model it was. I'm new to land rover so I really know nothing. I don't even know if land rovers and range rovers are different or all land rover vehicles are "range rovers".

Do you guys have any into threads I can read and things to look at for with these? I typically do all my own work on vehicles, but I am not a mechanic neccesarily.

Sorry for the alienation of the brand, I really know nothing about this manufacturer. :drink1:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tough to determine on the one you saw. I'd go look at it with a Landie owner. Just to be sure. But, yes Land Rovers are solid. Parts can be tough to get depending on the model and can be pricey. But, there is lots if literature and websites for newbies.The range rover is a model line of land rovers. I have a Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE. G'luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts