Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
TobyG
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My idea (completely fictional at this time) is to take a TD5 Defender and put the running gear into a series 3 SWB. what I'm wondering is has anyone done this? how hard could it be? any big issues?

I have a 1980 S3 SWB currently running a LD28 with standard LR gearbox, standard front diff and a salsibury rear diff.

I also have a 2003 defender TD5 110. totally stock apart from a bit of fine tuning.

Once married i'm looking to put ARB lockers on both front and rear diffs

any info would be awesome

Photos of the trucks can be found here
Toby Gwilym | Facebook

Cheers

·
Registered
389 Posts
My idea (completely fictional at this time) is to take a TD5 Defender and put the running gear into a series 3 SWB. what I'm wondering is has anyone done this? how hard could it be? any big issues?

I have a 1980 S3 SWB currently running a LD28 with standard LR gearbox, standard front diff and a salsibury rear diff.

I also have a 2003 defender TD5 110. totally stock apart from a bit of fine tuning.

Once married i'm looking to put ARB lockers on both front and rear diffs

any info would be awesome

Photos of the trucks can be found here
Toby Gwilym | Facebook

Cheers
Whats wrong with the ole LD28. I just put one in my rig and I really like it. Would be nice to put that series on the coil frame (with some chopping though!) After owning two coiled series... I think that is the best update.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts