Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Land Rover Service center in Montreal Canada

Hi Everyone,

I have a 95 Discovery I bought about 5 years ago and in the last year I have had my shares of trouble. The list is long but here goes:

Cold Starting problems (most annoying of all)
Leaky front caliper
Water pump was finished
very rough idle
coil springs and shocks were finished
front head lights didn't work
fuel pump finished
hood latch would not keep hood closed
4x4 lever ceased and broken off
back brakes
coil
etc...

My friend Bruno who I have know for over 20 years intoduced me to Land Rovers about 6 years ago. Since I have owned 3 of them (Disco, D110, 109 II). If it was not for Bruno and his staff I would not be driving any today. He knows all compatible parts that you can put on the trucks so that you don't have to pay the big price. He owns 3 Land Rovers ( classic RR, D90, 02 Range Rover) and he pretty much maintains about 23 Land Rover customer trucks. He has 4 sevice stations, 3 in Montreal and 1 in Florida.

If you ever need service while in Montreal or Florida give Bruno at AutoCare a ring. 514-852-1866

Lino

:clap:

· Registered
29 Posts
:buttrock:
Thank you Lino
I own a 1995 Disco I and a x-mod series IIA, I live in Montreal
I have been purchasing parts in VT for my 1976 Series IIA
and purchasing at dealer in Montreal all parts for my Disco
They are not cheap. I will contact your friend Bruno and see what he does have to offer.
Again thanks for the info.

· Registered
29 Posts
linmarpa said:
Hi Everyone,

I have a 95 Discovery I bought about 5 years ago and in the last year I have had my shares of trouble. The list is long but here goes:

Cold Starting problems (most annoying of all)
Leaky front caliper
Water pump was finished
very rough idle
coil springs and shocks were finished
front head lights didn't work
fuel pump finished
hood latch would not keep hood closed
4x4 lever ceased and broken off
back brakes
coil
etc...

My friend Bruno who I have know for over 20 years intoduced me to Land Rovers about 6 years ago. Since I have owned 3 of them (Disco, D110, 109 II). If it was not for Bruno and his staff I would not be driving any today. He knows all compatible parts that you can put on the trucks so that you don't have to pay the big price. He owns 3 Land Rovers ( classic RR, D90, 02 Range Rover) and he pretty much maintains about 23 Land Rover customer trucks. He has 4 sevice stations, 3 in Montreal and 1 in Florida.

If you ever need service while in Montreal or Florida give Bruno at AutoCare a ring. 514-852-1866

Lino

:clap:
Hello !
I visited your friend Bruno in Montreal-North this morning.
First thing I saw was friendship with all his customers no mather the nationnality.
Their is a family embiance in that garage like is't impossible, sitting in the lounge with an expresso in my hand I met almost the entired family, tio, the kids, cousin....... every one ad a smile, courteous, helpfull, the work.
Bruno took care of my Landy like it own. One of his young mechanic look all over, checking for any loose, leaky spot. I was going there to have a universal joint replace.....
No replacement needed but advise on future problem. Suggestions and way to do was
the issue. Got an oil and filter change, grease lube all over insert (their is quite a few).
I even found a small light that gos in the back of the clock, they ad it in stock since Bruno dicovered that they have the same one for Mercedes. Took a driving test with Bruno who also showed me his own Diesel Defender being re-painted. What a morning.
Total cost for 2 hours of advises, grease job, oil change etc. $58.00 Can $
A bargain you say, a new Landy owner friend and family and a great garage.
Sorry for the lenght of the thread but had to tell. I followed your advise and I'm very happy I did.
Thank you
Have an expresso on me and good flying. (we even talk about you)

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no problem.
We should get together somtime and we can talk Land Rover.
By the way do you still have the ex-mod. I brought Bruno's truck from the UK last year. I had a diesel 110 also which i sold.
Apprently we have the same truck.

Lino

· Registered
29 Posts
Yes I do.
The X-MoD Serie IIA (crew cab) 1971 is stored away at the end of the airport runway in South-Burlington until end of April. If you fly by, you will see it, that's the only one with a Quebec plate. Millspec paint with original Moroco made Mud & sand tyres. No confort in those type of vehicle, just plain "British" running bulldozer.
Kids do love it and driver does enjoy every mechanical pains it brings every trip we take with it.
So your the one who own the white disco on the pictures I saw at the garage!
Sure will sit togetter and will talk dirty (I mean, dirt) Landy of course.
Since I own a Landy, I will be back to the garage shortly.
Hope to meet you there.

Andre-Georg

· Registered
29 Posts
Serie IIA X-Mod 1971

I drove the vehicle often in downtown Montreal. I used to live in Laval, then in the Greek distric of Montreal an I now live in LaSalle. I took that vehicle all over Quebec and Ontario. It was primerly used to move Boyscouts to and from their camp. That "Africa Queen" saw it all, Jamboree in Low, Quebec to an official trip to the U.S. Emassy in Ottawa. People turn their head when she goes by. It was a dream that I had since I was myself a boyscout many many years ago. Kids love that type of vehicle. The "Beast" as some friends call her was purchased in Vermont. It was once an ambulance in Africa under the British Army. I kept 2 of the original M/S (mud and sand) Moroco made tyres. The vehicle is license and fully insure awaiting a buyer in the USA. If it is not sod a the beginning of summer, I will drive it back to LaSalle and continue restoration of it. It's a great vehicle, it's the "Africa Queen".
Ciao :drive:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.